Region sectional winners

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
scarab527

Re: Region sectional winners

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:10 am
Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:54 pm
Looks like a bleak year for the Region making an appearance downstate.... stranger things have happened.

Nut
The ultimate question would be is it worth it for some teams?

East Central could legitimately compete for the 6A title. They will humiliate whomever they play in the 4A game.

Center Grove, BD or Brownsburg will crush the 6A North team.

Chatard will murder everyone in 3A not named Guerin Catholic. I have a feeling Hanover will get a taste in the North bracket.

Realistically, the best shot at getting there and actually winning is in 5A. Get by Snider in SS and you most certainly have a shot. Maybe Merrillville or Valpo can pull it off. Not likely, but I could see it. Especially if Valpo has Clark and Burda. Merrillville is a pretty big stretch.
I'm not writing off Valpo yet. Burda and Clark back last week. Still think they've got a shot.

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

I would not guarantee a W for Lowell this weekend.

Culver played KV tough. Almost beat RDP last year. Culver has a good passing offense and Lowell cannot stop it this year.

the dog

Post by the dog »

NWI10 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:02 pm
I would not guarantee a W for Lowell this weekend.

Culver played KV tough. Almost beat RDP last year. Culver has a good passing offense and Lowell cannot stop it this year.
Lowell plays a defense that looks to stuff the middle and stop the run and get pressure on the quarterback, but it does leave their corners in single coverage and on an island. If they aren't getting pressure, they aren't going to stop the pass. Prior to this year, Culver had been running an option attack on offense but that has switched this year to either more balanced run/pass and even pass heavy in some games. I expect Culver will look to throw a lot of short, quick passes. The Culver line is pretty undersized but they play hard.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Lowell vs CA, according to Sagarin looks to be very close. Both teams have played good competition. Lowell with home field advantage but CA won’t be intimidated. Having watched Lowell this year, I agree that their pass defense is problematic. Big change I noticed with Lowell was the lack of size up front on both sides of ball vs years in the past. They still play hard and gritty but just not real big. Lack of a stud tailback also.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:55 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Nutsy wrote:
Looks like a bleak year for the Region making an appearance downstate.... stranger things have happened.

Nut

East Central could legitimately compete for the 6A title. They will humiliate whomever they play in the 4A game.

Chatard will murder everyone in 3A not named Guerin Catholic. I have a feeling Hanover will get a taste in the North bracket.

Realistically, the best shot at getting there and actually winning is in 5A. Get by Snider in SS and you most certainly have a shot. Maybe Merrillville or Valpo can pull it off. Not likely, but I could see it. Especially if Valpo has Clark and Burda. Merrillville is a pretty big stretch.
I'm not writing off Valpo yet. Burda and Clark back last week. Still think they've got a shot.
Agreed.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

the dog wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:08 am
Boilernation wrote:
Nutsy wrote:

Nut

East Central is a hell of a 4A team but I wouldn’t rule out Reitz beating them.
I haven't seen Reitz play. I've seen East Central play. The beating they gave a traditional Ohio Division 1 power (Cincinnati Moeller) was impressive. The final score was as close as it was because of some scores by Moeller when the game was already decided. I would be extremely impressed by Reitz if they could hang with East Central. The Trojans are big, physical, and have two big MAC recruits as Athletes who run the ball and are both very quick.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

the dog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:34 am
From the Stands wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:06 am
DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:59 pm
1A
No one!

2A
Andrean! (Lost to luers at semistate)

3A

Hanover central (lose to Indy chatard semistate)

Knox (lose to Hanover regionals)

4A

Hobart (lose Kokomo semistate)

5A
Merrillville (lose to fw snider semistate)
Michigan city (lose to Merrillville at regionals)

Ps…. Valpo loses 1st round if no burda to Chesterton.

6A
No one! (LJ takes out crown point again)
North Judson with a very good chance comparing common foes.

Andrean will be very lucky to beat LaVille. Great for the region, will be rooting for, but lucky.

Hanover is legit, Chatard is a buzz saw.

What New Prairie team will we see? Hobart is average at best.

Valpo may be as bitten by Injuries as any team around. People only talk about the running backs, no one is talking about the decimation on defense. Will be very interesting in playoffs.

Crown Point’s destiny is in their hands.
Considering you picked Lowell and Morton to both beat Hobart and they lost by a total of 64 points, I’m not sure you are an expert on Hobart.
You may wanna check again. I didn’t pick either of them over Hobart.

the dog

Post by the dog »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:46 pm
the dog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:34 am
From the Stands wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:06 am

North Judson with a very good chance comparing common foes.

Andrean will be very lucky to beat LaVille. Great for the region, will be rooting for, but lucky.

Hanover is legit, Chatard is a buzz saw.

What New Prairie team will we see? Hobart is average at best.

Valpo may be as bitten by Injuries as any team around. People only talk about the running backs, no one is talking about the decimation on defense. Will be very interesting in playoffs.

Crown Point’s destiny is in their hands.
Considering you picked Lowell and Morton to both beat Hobart and they lost by a total of 64 points, I’m not sure you are an expert on Hobart.
You may wanna check again. I didn’t pick either of them over Hobart.
I never said you did. Check who I was replying to — mine was to the poster who said Hobart was average at best.

the dog

Post by the dog »

Boilernation wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:07 pm
the dog wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:08 am
Boilernation wrote:

East Central is a hell of a 4A team but I wouldn’t rule out Reitz beating them.
I haven't seen Reitz play. I've seen East Central play. The beating they gave a traditional Ohio Division 1 power (Cincinnati Moeller) was impressive. The final score was as close as it was because of some scores by Moeller when the game was already decided. I would be extremely impressed by Reitz if they could hang with East Central. The Trojans are big, physical, and have two big MAC recruits as Athletes who run the ball and are both very quick.
I've only seen short clips of video on East Central but yes, they certainly are big and physical. In the clips I've seen it looks like a college team playing a high school team. Definitely impressive what they did to Moeller, but I don't think Moeller is what they used to be, but would still be a top tenish team in Indiana. East Central would definitely be favored over Reitz.....so far no one has stopped Ringer. Kid is averaging 11+ per carry. Reitz IMO is the only team that could beat East Central in 4A -- not that they will, but could. Sagarin ranks East Cantel 1 and Reitz 2 in 4A -- Reitz did beat the third rated team in 4A (Jasper) by a 24-7 score earlier in the year.

But last week Reitz had an outright strange result.....they only beat Mater Dei 14-10. Mater Dei won state in 2A last year and finished 12-3 against a good schedule.....this year they went 2-7. They haven't lost more than 5 games in any season in the last 20+ years. Reitz did finish 9-0 and had a tough schedule (Sagarin rates it 28th in the state while East Central's is 109th -- but Sagarin doesn't put Moeller in since they are out of state. East Central's SOS would probably be closer to 60 to 70 if they were added in), so it's kind of wait and see. Reitz does offer the ability to move the ball equally on the ground and air and has a Junior quarterback who was the starter on last year's state champion.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Radtke reaches into the trick bag and outcoaches Parker for the win

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393