Region sectional winners

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
nwifbfan

Re: Region sectional winners

Post by nwifbfan »

Sectional Winners
1A North Judson
2A LaVille
3A Hanover Central
4A New Prairie
5A Merrillville
6A CP

Hanover will win Regional then lose at SS to BC
Merrillville will win Regional and then lose to Snider at SS
CP will lose at Regional to FW Carroll

the dog

Post by the dog »

Hobart/New Prairie should be a really good match up.

New Prairie defensively has been very good, but offensively they aren't what they've been in the past and have been trending downward. 9 yards of offense against Penn in week 8 and only scored 16 points last week against Elkhart including none in the first half and 40 yards of offense in the first half (earlier in the year Morton put up 38 on Elkhart). Hobart on the other hand has been putting up a lot of points but has had some defensive struggles.s

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

NWI10 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:43 pm
The winner of Hobart/NP is the overwhelming sectional 17 favorite.

With Valpo's injuries I don't see anyone from the 219 getting to Lucas Oil.
Question, can Hobart break the NP jinx?

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

CB4

Post by CB4 »

Nutsy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:43 am
NWI10 wrote:

Nut
2-1 Sectional/ Regional record against New Prairie is a jinx? Way to make something out of nothing!

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

CB4 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:45 am
Nutsy wrote:
NWI10 wrote:

Nut
2-1 Sectional/ Regional record against New Prairie is a jinx? Way to make something out of nothing!
Not so fast my friend...

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Hobart vs NP will come down to Hobart defense’s ability to slow down NP. Hobart defense has been bad all year. Their offense has carried them and will need to again on Friday. I don’t see it happening as NP wins.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Looks like a bleak year for the Region making an appearance downstate.... stranger things have happened.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

the dog

Post by the dog »

Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:28 pm
CB4 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:45 am
Nutsy wrote:

Nut
Not so fast my friend...

Nut
I'm not sure what the 'not so fast my friend' is about.........CB4 is correct in that Hobart is 2-1 against New Prairie. It certainly wasn't a jinx that New Prairie won last year -- they were the better team. Two of the three times on paper in that they've met, New Prairie was the better team.....but Hobart is 2-1 in those games and the two wins weren't close.

I think the game is pretty much a toss up this year (but in a series where all three games have been blowouts one way or the other, that doesn't really mean anything). New Prairie's defense is outstanding but the New Prairie rushing attack isn't what it's been in the past (in fact, Hobart has outrushed New Prairie on the season). I know you might be doubling down after making such a horrible prediction in the Hobart/Morton game, but this isn't last year's New Prairie team. That team was good against the run and their DBs were outstanding -- produced five different games where they picked off 3 or more passes. I think this year they've only picked off 4 passes all year.

It's going to be a contrast in styles. If it's a shootout, I can't see New Prairie winning. NP will want to keep this a low scoring affair. Both teams are capable of winning this one.

Last week New Prairie played Elkhart. If they play like they did in the first half, they are going to lose. 40 total yards of offense and gave up an 83 yard touchdown pass when a DB got beat as well as a safety on a punt on a bad snap. Incredibly mistake prone half. The second half, New Prairie was definitely in control and won 16-8. But that Elkhart team is the same team that needed a pick six at the buzzer to defeat Morton earlier in the year 48-38.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:54 pm
Looks like a bleak year for the Region making an appearance downstate.... stranger things have happened.

Nut
The ultimate question would be is it worth it for some teams?

East Central could legitimately compete for the 6A title. They will humiliate whomever they play in the 4A game.

Center Grove, BD or Brownsburg will crush the 6A North team.

Chatard will murder everyone in 3A not named Guerin Catholic. I have a feeling Hanover will get a taste in the North bracket.

Realistically, the best shot at getting there and actually winning is in 5A. Get by Snider in SS and you most certainly have a shot. Maybe Merrillville or Valpo can pull it off. Not likely, but I could see it. Especially if Valpo has Clark and Burda. Merrillville is a pretty big stretch.

the dog

Post by the dog »

Boilernation wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:10 am
Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:54 pm

Nut
The ultimate question would be is it worth it for some teams?

East Central could legitimately compete for the 6A title. They will humiliate whomever they play in the 4A game.

Center Grove, BD or Brownsburg will crush the 6A North team.

Chatard will murder everyone in 3A not named Guerin Catholic. I have a feeling Hanover will get a taste in the North bracket.

Realistically, the best shot at getting there and actually winning is in 5A. Get by Snider in SS and you most certainly have a shot. Maybe Merrillville or Valpo can pull it off. Not likely, but I could see it. Especially if Valpo has Clark and Burda. Merrillville is a pretty big stretch.
East Central is a hell of a 4A team but I wouldn’t rule out Reitz beating them.