Each Programs Best Team Since 2003

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
NWI10

Each Programs Best Team Since 2003

Post by NWI10 »

Over the past twenty years which years version of each program was the best?

05/06 Crown Point
09/10 Lowell
20/21 Hobart
13/14 Andrean

scarab527

Re: Each Programs Best Team Since 2003

Post by scarab527 »

I was on the ‘13 and ‘14 Andrean teams and the ‘13 team was better no questions. The ‘14 team was still good but that ‘13 team was special. Think most Niner faithful would agree.

‘20 Hobart was imo much better than their ‘21 state runner-up team. The ‘20 team choked in that playoff game against East Noble so badly. I think if they would’ve gotten down to state that year against Evansville Memorial they could’ve had a legit shot to win it.

Only heard stories about those Lowell teams so can’t comment and as for CP no clue.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Hobart faced a very hostile crowd at East Noble... the noisemaking factor with cars parked close to the field blowing horns and blinking headlights was never addressed. Numerous Hobart fans were accosted during and after the game. No excuses just facts. I'm sure the Penn fans faced the same treatment at the Bowl back in the day.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

the dog

Post by the dog »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:30 pm
I was on the ‘13 and ‘14 Andrean teams and the ‘13 team was better no questions. The ‘14 team was still good but that ‘13 team was special. Think most Niner faithful would agree.

‘20 Hobart was imo much better than their ‘21 state runner-up team. The ‘20 team choked in that playoff game against East Noble so badly. I think if they would’ve gotten down to state that year against Evansville Memorial they could’ve had a legit shot to win it.

Only heard stories about those Lowell teams so can’t comment and as for CP no clue.
The state runner up was actually in '20. The '19 team lost to East Noble. But t
the path to state in '20 was much easier than the '19 team's path. The '20 team played Gavit, West Side, Lowell, Logansport, and Marion on their way to the state game. Logansport was around .500 when they met in the regional; Marion at the semi-state was probably about as weak of a semi-state opponent as there could have been. Marion beat East Noble in regional the week before, but that East Noble team was nowhere near as good as the previous year's team and had a ton of injuries to boot.

The path that Hobart had in '19 was pretty brutal -- opened with 8-1 Hammond Morton who had knocked up Lowell and Lake Central earlier in the year, beat Lowell in the sectional finals, and then had to play 1 loss New Prairie in the regionals.

warrior

Post by warrior »

Not sure if this is the question you are specifically asking but, Lowell's two best teams talented-wise are the following IMO:

2008 - lost in semi-state to Dwenger at Dwenger. That team was stacked! BRUTALLY cold, long drive on a Saturday and a late afternoon game if I recall correctly. Tyler Eifert just about single handedly won the game. He remains the best HS player I've ever seen in person.

2007 - state runner up team. If they play that game 10 times, Lowell wins 9. Just shot themselves in the foot too many times.

Such awesome memories.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

the dog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:49 pm
scarab527 wrote:

the path to state in '20 was much easier than the '19 team's path. The '20 team played Gavit, West Side, Lowell, Logansport, and Marion on their way to the state game. Logansport was around .500 when they met in the regional; Marion at the semi-state was probably about as weak of a semi-state opponent as there could have been. Marion beat East Noble in regional the week before, but that East Noble team was nowhere near as good as the previous year's team and had a ton of injuries to boot.

The path that Hobart had in '19 was pretty brutal -- opened with 8-1 Hammond Morton who had knocked up Lowell and Lake Central earlier in the year, beat Lowell in the sectional finals, and then had to play 1 loss New Prairie in the regionals.
Just used the dates listed but the point still stand about Hobart

the dog

Post by the dog »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:57 pm
the dog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:49 pm
scarab527 wrote:

Just used the dates listed but the point still stand about Hobart
Sorry, didn't mean to sound contradictory. The team that went to semistate might well have been better than the one that went to state. Matchups certainly played into it. The New Prairie at regional, East Noble at semistate path was so much tougher than the Logansport at regional, Marion at semistate path. I'm not sure Hobart even had to punt against Marion.

the dog

Post by the dog »

warrior wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:38 pm
Not sure if this is the question you are specifically asking but, Lowell's two best teams talented-wise are the following IMO:

2008 - lost in semi-state to Dwenger at Dwenger. That team was stacked! BRUTALLY cold, long drive on a Saturday and a late afternoon game if I recall correctly. Tyler Eifert just about single handedly won the game. He remains the best HS player I've ever seen in person.

2007 - state runner up team. If they play that game 10 times, Lowell wins 9. Just shot themselves in the foot too many times.

Such awesome memories.
The 2008 Hobart/Lowell regular season game was a classic. Lowell got off to a huge lead -- don't recall the exact score, maybe something like 35-17 -- when in the last quarter Hobart went to a receiver heavy, no huddle offense that had Lowell on their heels. Hobart pulled within 35-32 and was driving when an errant snap eventually led to a turnover on downs. The Brickies held on first and second down and with everyone expecting a run on third down with about a minute left, Lowell threw deep. After the completion, they kneeled it out for the 35-32 win.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

05/06 Griffith

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

scarab527 wrote:

Andrean's best team was 2004 state champs led by Mr. Football Runner Up Tommy Finn