Historic Defenses

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: Historic Defenses

Post by Boilernation »

the dog wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:30 am
Boilernation wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:12 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:04 am

Nah I am for IU in both seasons. Although football is doomed to be awful forever.

I graduated from IU and my wife went to Purdue, so I have just been programed to give all Boilers crap. :P
I can respect an IU fan that actually pulls for IU football and not ND. Reversible jacket season is out in full force here in Central Indiana. My parents are both from Chicago and went to Southern Illinois, so I didn't grow up on either side of the rivalry. We watched Purdue, ND and IU sports in our house when I was a kid. By the time I graduated from Purdue I was 100% all in on the Boilers. And similiar to the Cubs and Bears, they provide me with angish and torment on a continual basis.
No reversible jacket for me….but damn it’s hard to root for IU football.
They have to fire Allen, right? Seems like he hit the lotttery during the fluky Covid season and it’s been a disaster since then. Wasn’t their OC that year the current OC at Washington?

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

Let’s revisit this convo in 2-3 weeks.

Great teams/defense show up in the playoffs. Let’s see what happens.. ie; CP

Dkg1

Post by Dkg1 »

The 89 Hobart team allowed 76 l points over 14 games… not too shabby!

And coach Allen has a huge buyout (20.8 million)which will likely keep him safe for at least another season unless some donors step up which is unlikely for the football program!

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Dkg1 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:13 pm
The 89 Hobart team allowed 76 l points over 14 games… not too shabby!

And coach Allen has a huge buyout (20.8 million)which will likely keep him safe for at least another season unless some donors step up which is unlikely for the football program!
This topic fell off the rails quickly!

Nuts
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393