Merrillville @ Morton

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
the dog

Re: Merrillville @ Morton

Post by the dog »

Morton gave up 65 points -- 62 in the last three quarters -- to Hobart. Merrillville gave up 14 to Hobart.

It won't be close.

Not sure where the 'the staffs dislike each other' comes from. I'm not sure Morton has ever played Merrillville unless it would be a scrimmage.

the dog

Post by the dog »

Boilernation wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:11 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:22 pm
Merrillville travels to Morton this Friday in what could be a very explosive game. The spread on the game is Merrillville by 14.. There is a lot of bad blood in this game as the coaching staffs and the teams know each other personally and don’t really like each other. Both teams have lost players to the other team in the last 5 years. Both teams are gonna want to make a statement and run the score up! Do you guys see a close game? Or a blowout.

My personal opinion. Merrillville shuts down Morton in all 3 phases and wins the game running away with a running clock 56 -7

I don’t think lemon has anything to slow down the pirates and it will be tough to move the ball on the defensive line of the pirates. 🏴‍☠️

Let’s hear your guys predictions
14 point spread...can I have that bookies number!?! I'm hoping Morton can pull the upset. I like seeing the northern Lake County teams succeed in the playoffs. And it would be fun to watch you explain how Merrillville really didn't lose. I'll take the Pirates though with a running clock.
FWIW -- the Sagarin spread on the game is not 14. It is Merrillville by 21.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

the dog wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:20 pm
Morton gave up 65 points -- 62 in the last three quarters -- to Hobart. Merrillville gave up 14 to Hobart.

It won't be close.

Not sure where the 'the staffs dislike each other' comes from. I'm not sure Morton has ever played Merrillville unless it would be a scrimmage.
It's a fact.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

the dog wrote:

It won't be close.

Staff dislike comes from the fact that former Merrillville players are in the Morton staff.

And Morton took it as major disrespect when Merrillville had the 4 Morton transfers during COVID and “took all credit” for there offers.

They didn’t like that now that they in college it reads graduated from Merrillville high school. Instead of Morton.

Merrillville always credited Morton when those kids got offers by saying “former Morton/current Merrillville player” picked up and offer from (insert team)

Plus 2 years ago there was a Morton coach named Henry Johnson that proceeded to laugh when Merrillville lost to westifleld the 2 year in a row saying that team don’t deserve to win without my son. Yes that’s jojo dad.

The staffs had a battle on social media for a while.,

Heck most people don’t know that merrillvilles “probation” or “punishment” was because of Henry. He turned in texts of out coaches offering to bring in Kelly, Paris, Hardy because Morton shut down sports for Covid.

He also wasn’t “working” for Morton due to Covid. But he was still on the staff..

So in all reality merrillville offered seniors a chance to play by contacting him (jojo was already at merrillville)
And he brought the kids over. And then when the fight happens a year later he turned Merrillville in. And that why Merrillville was on probation. But o well it’s old news probation ended back in June. Both staffs wanna bury the other. Heard both teams say they won’t put backups in and only starters no matter what score is and they will continue to run it up!

warrior

Post by warrior »

DACfanatic wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:55 pm
Both staffs wanna bury the other. Heard both teams say they won’t put backups in and only starters no matter what score is and they will continue to run it up!
Such a comfort to know there are still some selfless coaches out there molding our youth into men and doing things for the right reasons....
Last edited by warrior on Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the dog

Post by the dog »

Didn't know that history. That said, seems to me that Morton is a little hypocritical about players leaving to go elsewhere as everyone knows that the best football players in Hammond always went to Morton instead of Gavit, Clark, and Hammond High.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

warrior wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:31 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Both staffs wanna bury the other. Heard both teams say they won’t put backups in and only starters no matter what score is and they will continue to run it up!
Such a comfort to know there are still some selfless coaches out there molding our youth into men and doing things for the right reasons....
More of that sh** goes on than people know. Some people just hide it better.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

RAZORBACK

Post by RAZORBACK »

DACfanatic wrote:
the dog wrote:

It won't be close.

Staff dislike comes from the fact that former Merrillville players are in the Morton staff.

And Morton took it as major disrespect when Merrillville had the 4 Morton transfers during COVID and “took all credit” for there offers.

They didn’t like that now that they in college it reads graduated from Merrillville high school. Instead of Morton.

Merrillville always credited Morton when those kids got offers by saying “former Morton/current Merrillville player” picked up and offer from (insert team)

Plus 2 years ago there was a Morton coach named Henry Johnson that proceeded to laugh when Merrillville lost to westifleld the 2 year in a row saying that team don’t deserve to win without my son. Yes that’s jojo dad.

The staffs had a battle on social media for a while.,

Heck most people don’t know that merrillvilles “probation” or “punishment” was because of Henry. He turned in texts of out coaches offering to bring in Kelly, Paris, Hardy because Morton shut down sports for Covid.

He also wasn’t “working” for Morton due to Covid. But he was still on the staff..

So in all reality merrillville offered seniors a chance to play by contacting him (jojo was already at merrillville)
And he brought the kids over. And then when the fight happens a year later he turned Merrillville in. And that why Merrillville was on probation. But o well it’s old news probation ended back in June. Both staffs wanna bury the other. Heard both teams say they won’t put backups in and only starters no matter what score is and they will continue to run it up!

There is some fact to DACfanatic’s post from the people that I have talked to, but there is a lot of fiction as well in his post.