DAC Job Opening

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: DAC Job Opening

Post by Boilernation »

String-Us-Along.jpg
String-Us-Along.jpg (43.47 KiB) Viewed 1267 times

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Is Nutsy a credible source? I’m not sure.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Gonna be that guy, but this is why rumors are banned on the other board.

Region Don

Post by Region Don »

I would think that Peterson's days at Chesterton are numbered. That community deserves better than mediocre football. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think Chesterton football has ever won a sectional before. I could be wrong.

Chip Pettit is the superintendent of Duneland Schools and I can't fathom for the life of me he is ok with average football. I can see him following his alma mater's blueprint of cleaning house and getting a coach in there to inject some life in a somewhat lifeless, blah program.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:58 pm
We all saw when a "credible" source named a DAC Coach securing a position when he had not. Kinda hard to backtrack when the horse is out of the barn!

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Nutsy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm
scarab527 wrote:
We all saw when a "credible" source named a DAC Coach securing a position when he had not. Kinda hard to backtrack when the horse is out of the barn!

Nut
Difference is that HC had literally been texting other coaches in the area telling them he WAS taking that position. Then he conveniently denied ever doing so.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:48 pm
Nutsy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm
scarab527 wrote:

Nut
Difference is that HC had literally been texting other coaches in the area telling them he WAS taking that position. Then he conveniently denied ever doing so.
It was not a Coach that, "spilled the beans", was it ever established the Coach in question was offered the position? Secondly, if offered the position why did he not take it?

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Chesterton is an enigma for me. Peterson has done no better or worse than both his predecessors, Snyder and Dorulla. They seem to be doing well in basketball and baseball. They have nice facilities. Good Pop Warner program. Middle school program solid. Community supportive. Maybe they just don’t have the Jimmies and Joes for football?

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

nwifbfan wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:02 pm
Chesterton is an enigma for me. Peterson has done no better or worse than both his predecessors, Snyder and Dorulla. They seem to be doing well in basketball and baseball. They have nice facilities. Good Pop Warner program. Middle school program solid. Community supportive. Maybe they just don’t have the Jimmies and Joes for football?
"A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma"

Sir Winston Churchill

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs »

My speculation is Peterson retires to go travel/watch his kid play at VU. Merrillville loses AGAIN to Valpo. Merrillville admin probably frustrated plus whatever went on at the start of the season. With Valpo win they move up to 6A. That 5A sectional is up for grabs with no Valpo. Chesterton does have a very solid group of juniors and sophomores. Seiss goes to Chesterton to get that 1st sectional title and so he can coach his kids in the next few years. Merrillville struggles when he leaves.