DAC Job Opening

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nutsy

DAC Job Opening

Post by Nutsy »

Just comparing notes, what are you guys hearing?

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Slicer46

Re: DAC Job Opening

Post by Slicer46 »

Haven’t heard anything. I don’t foresee any openings, but if anyone leaves, I see Mark Peterson retiring. What have you guys been hearing?

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

One job that won't be open is La Porte. Congratulations to Coach Epple for having the interim tag removed.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

paintballer wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:57 pm
One job that won't be open is La Porte. Congratulations to Coach Epple for having the interim tag removed.
That is great news. that place deserves some stability. Hopefully he goes on to a nice long career there!

Slicer46

Post by Slicer46 »

Guessing the team with the potential opening is out of the playoffs already. Considering the news out of La Porte, that narrows it down to Portage and Chesterton, and I don’t see Portage and Richards parting ways, even if they did go 0-10.

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs »

Slicer46 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:58 pm
Guessing the team with the potential opening is out of the playoffs already. Considering the news out of La Porte, that narrows it down to Portage and Chesterton, and I don’t see Portage and Richards parting ways, even if they did go 0-10.
Hopefully you're right.

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

Slicer46 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:58 pm
I can’t see Portage making another change. It’s clearly a talent issue. I grew up in Portage and Valpo and my whole childhood Portage was good at football. There was a time that Portage vs. Valparaiso was maybe the best rivalry in the area in the 90s and early 2000s. From 1988-2005 portage had one losing record. They haven’t done better than 6-4 since. Valpo talks about Chesterton being the rival now and when I was in HS we never talked about Chesterton. It was always Portage. 25th biggest HS in the state and can’t field a competitive football team. If Roy Richards can’t do it, then I don’t know who could. Same with Lake Central 3,200 kids and they haven’t been towards the top in along time.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

I have given my opinion on LC and Portage in years past, too bad the old board was wiped out by a third party that will remain nameless. LC never was Portage was and from the looks of things never will be again. It all starts with the feeder programs.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs »

So where's the opening gonna be?

Fadely23

Post by Fadely23 »

Well if it’s about feeder programs then can you name a better one then portage since 2019? No youth program has had more success than we have. As for varsity, we were starting 8 and sometimes 9 sophomores. Even with that our JV team still went 6-3. We have a very loaded 2026 class, we will see what happens I suppose.