Hanover Central loss

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
the dog

Hanover Central loss

Post by the dog »

HC held a 35-14 lead. Three fourth quarter TDs by West Lafayette sent it to OT. West Lafayette scored in OT and made the extra point. HC scored and went for two but didn’t get it. West Lafayette 42, HC 41,

Nutsy

Re: Hanover Central loss

Post by Nutsy »

the dog wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:19 am
HC held a 35-14 lead. Three fourth quarter TDs by West Lafayette sent it to OT. West Lafayette scored in OT and made the extra point. HC scored and went for two but didn’t get it. West Lafayette 42, HC 41,
Part of me understands why Parker went for 2. Another tie and the Defense has to win it for HC.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

the dog

Post by the dog »

Nutsy wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:55 am
the dog wrote:
Part of me understands why Parker went for 2. Another tie and the Defense has to win it for HC.

Nut
Yes, I understand going for two as well. Looks like they hadn't stopped West Lafayette once the fourth quarter started. Don't know how much time was left when West Lafayette scored the tieing score in regulation, but couldn't have been too much.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

the dog wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:06 am
Nutsy wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:55 am
the dog wrote:

Nut
Yes, I understand going for two as well. Looks like they hadn't stopped West Lafayette once the fourth quarter started. Don't know how much time was left when West Lafayette scored the tieing score in regulation, but couldn't have been too much.
I believe it was in the neighborhood of 30 seconds.

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

That loss is going to hurt for along time. I’m not sure about going for two. If you truly believe you are the better team then play the odds and hope for a stop. Crazy to go 22-2 in the last two seasons and not even win a sectional title.

junior11

Post by junior11 »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:08 am
That loss is going to hurt for along time. I’m not sure about going for two. If you truly believe you are the better team then play the odds and hope for a stop. Crazy to go 22-2 in the last two seasons and not even win a sectional title.
Hanover really didn’t have a competitive game all season. Constantly having running clock 2nd half. Did that lead to West Lafayette just wearing down Hanover during this game?? Will CP have the same issue with Penn after CP really only having 2 competitive games all season?

Also, when was last time NCC didn’t have a sectional winner???

the dog

Post by the dog »

junior11 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:51 pm
Richielikelionel wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:08 am
Hanover really didn’t have a competitive game all season. Constantly having running clock 2nd half. Did that lead to West Lafayette just wearing down Hanover during this game?? Will CP have the same issue with Penn after CP really only having 2 competitive games all season?

Also, when was last time NCC didn’t have a sectional winner???
HC did have two competitive games -- Morton and Hobart. Hobart had the ball in the red zone with under two minutes left down 7 points. Morton got to 21-14 with 11 minutes left and had two drives that ended inside the 10 yard line. The rest weren't close, though. Truth is West Lafayette didn't have too many close games either -- McCutcheon and Hamilton Heights were the only close games they played. Seven games were margins of 29 or more.

It is notable that in all close games HC had, penalties were an issue. 96 yards of penalties against Morton, 80 against Hobart, 100+ against West Lafayette.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I don’t have an issue with Coach Parker going for the win. WL offense completely dominated the entire 2nd half not just 4th quarter. He knew it and went with the strength of his team… the offense.

The only thing you might question was the play call. It was the same play as the TD. WL was waiting. #7 is a stud and had over 200 yards. I thought he was getting the ball.

Heartbreaking for sure. Give credit to WL players and staff. They made adjustments and didn’t give up down 21.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Finally watched the stream of this one and what a tale of 2 Halfs. Hanover Central came apart in the last 8 mins, I mean what an epic comeback from West Lafayette but Hanover got completely out coached and out schemed.

Hanover is a program on the rise but they are still learning how to win. I am not talking about beating teams in the GSSC or having a great year in a year in which everyone in the Region knows the NCC is going to have a down year. Good programs when you have teams down 35-14 have that mindset and mentality that they are not taking their foot of the gas and Hanover does not have that mindset or mentality yet.

Scary amount of players coming back for West Lafayette too so they better get after it this off-season.

Bearcat Nation

Post by Bearcat Nation »

VikingNation wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:30 pm
Finally watched the stream of this one and what a tale of 2 Halfs. Hanover Central came apart in the last 8 mins, I mean what an epic comeback from West Lafayette but Hanover got completely out coached and out schemed.

Hanover is a program on the rise but they are still learning how to win. I am not talking about beating teams in the GSSC or having a great year in a year in which everyone in the Region knows the NCC is going to have a down year. Good programs when you have teams down 35-14 have that mindset and mentality that they are not taking their foot of the gas and Hanover does not have that mindset or mentality yet.

Scary amount of players coming back for West Lafayette too so they better get after it this off-season.
Yeah, Hanover Central moves up the NCC, beats everyone on their schedule, even some teams they weren't necessarily expected to, but they suck because they lost by 1 in overtime on the road to one of the very best Class 3A programs in Indiana. Right.
October 21, 2011: Wheeler 12, Andrean 7
Click here