Merrillville/Valpo rematch.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
VikingNation

Re: Merrillville/Valpo rematch.

Post by VikingNation »

Cody Lol!

That MJ Gif is hilarious lol

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

I felt a lot better about this game for Valparaiso weeks back then I do now. Justin Clark has regressed as a passer. It’s sad that Valpo has one of the best WR tandems in the region with Stokes and Bradley and they barely get used because Clark is wildly inaccurate. I just don’t think Valpo will generate enough points running the ball 90% of the time in this game. Also Valpos deep safety they start is slow #6. The secondary is a lot better when they have #21, 15, and #17 on the outside with #16 Verschure as the deep safety. They probably won’t do this. But it’s the best matchup they could have for this game. Also doesn’t help the games at the Ville. If Clark somehow can have a good game passing along with the run game. I think Valpo wins. If they are extremely one dimensional. I think Mville will squeak it out. I don’t think Valpo can win this game just running the ball into the defense every play. Unless the defense completely shuts down the ville. I don’t have a score for the game. I don’t think Valpo has peaked like fanatic thinks. This team is really dangerous is Clark can pass the ball along with the run game. And it’s rare it happens.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:50 pm
I was gonna say…

No one in their right mind is saying this is the 5A state title game lol.
LOL...Valpo went from losing to Michigan City to playing for the 5A State Title. Parkhurst can't make his mind up.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

paintballer wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:15 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:34 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:56 pm
No one is calling this the state title game
Might wanna check the Indy Star paper. Top 2 teams left in 5A in all reality.

And it’s all over many blogs. Same was said last year. Winner of this game wins state. No one in 5A comes close to talent of either team. Only reason snider is ranked above either team is because of Penn,crownpoint. Which snider played noone else there level. It’s 2 losses that’s why.

Merrillville and Valpo stand far above the rest. It was proven.

And again may wanna look at gridiron digest.

John Harrell blog.

Indian high school football page on fb.
Digest boards aren't even mentioning this game as even existing.

Can you support any of these claims with links to evidence of this being said by anyone in the state this year or last? Saying no one in 5A comes close to the talent of either team is pretty disrespectful to what the staffs at Mishawaka and Snider have developed.
Its all subjective as they say...

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Gonna go with Merrillville in this one. Valpo has looked suspect for weeks and I think the Pirates will come out super motivated on their home field. If they get out to a two TD lead Valpo won’t be able to come back.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:03 pm
Gonna go with Merrillville in this one. Valpo has looked suspect for weeks and I think the Pirates will come out super motivated on their home field. If they get out to a two TD lead Valpo won’t be able to come back.
Are they still banged up? Repeating is hard. Especially when you have to play the same team for the 4th time in 2 years and possible get a rematch with Snider in Semi-State. My guess is the 5A winners this week are Valpo, Snider, Decatur Central and Bloomington South.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:18 am
scarab527 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:03 pm
Are they still banged up? Repeating is hard. Especially when you have to play the same team for the 4th time in 2 years and possible get a rematch with Snider in Semi-State. My guess is the 5A winners this week are Valpo, Snider, Decatur Central and Bloomington South.
Burda doesn’t look 100%. Not sure about any other injuries they have. But they’re ripe for the picking imo.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Mville moves on....

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

the dog

Post by the dog »

Nutsy wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:32 am
Mville moves on....

Nut
Looked like it was a back and forth game.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Watched online. It was a great game.

Congrats to the Pirates for winning the state championship!!!