2024 Top Ten

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
VikingNation

Re: 2024 Top Ten

Post by VikingNation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:32 pm
VikingNation wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:41 pm
VPISU wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:16 pm

worst season at 5959 Broadway since the Karras brothers took over.
the six years the Karras family coached the program the record was 56-21... worst season was 6-4.
The Karras era at Andrean never played a schedule like Andrean played this year with Merrillville, Us, and Bishop Chatard in the regular season. They were playing freshmen and sophmores against us this year and I would imagine over the next 2 years that Andrean finds a way to make another deep playoff run.
Schedule has nothing to do with it, they were objectively not a good football team this year. By far the worst Andrean team I’ve ever seen.
If Andrean had Hanover's schedule they would have been 6-3 and ranked in the top 5 in the area based on records, so I disagree with you and schedules have a lot to do with it.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

VikingNation wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm
scarab527 wrote:
VikingNation wrote:

The Karras era at Andrean never played a schedule like Andrean played this year with Merrillville, Us, and Bishop Chatard in the regular season. They were playing freshmen and sophmores against us this year and I would imagine over the next 2 years that Andrean finds a way to make another deep playoff run.
Schedule has nothing to do with it, they were objectively not a good football team this year. By far the worst Andrean team I’ve ever seen.
If Andrean had Hanover's schedule they would have been 6-3 and ranked in the top 5 in the area based on records, so I disagree with you and schedules have a lot to do with it.
Being ranked in terms of record and being ranked in terms of actually being a good football team are two totally different things lmao.

They coulda played a bunch of scrubs and gone 9-0 for all I care, anyone who watched them and had half a brain would still see they were terrible.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:42 pm
VikingNation wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Being ranked in terms of record and being ranked in terms of actually being a good football team are two totally different things lmao.

They coulda played a bunch of scrubs and gone 9-0 for all I care, anyone who watched them and had half a brain would still see they were terrible.
Exactly, thank you for proving my point

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

VikingNation wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:51 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:42 pm
VikingNation wrote:

Exactly, thank you for proving my point
You said the Karras teams never played a schedule like this and I said it didn’t matter because this team is objectively worse than any of those teams.

Then you said if they played Hanover’s schedule they’d be a Top 5 team and I said they could beat up a bunch of bad teams and anyone with eyes would be able to see they were still awful.

I’m not even sure you have a point lmao.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I'm really not sure what you two (Viking and Scarab) are arguing about at this point?

Yes, Andrean was not a good football team this year. (Scarab has made that point many times).

Yes, Andrean's record would have been better with an easier schedule. Schedules in the past that included woeful teams like BNI, Hammond, Mann, Wirt. Vikings point.

Yes, the "for whatever its worth RSN or NWTimes rankings" would have had Andrean in the top ten with the better record against lesser foes. Vikngs point

Who cares about a paper ranking anyway, You both are correct. Done.

the dog

Post by the dog »

VikingNation wrote:
scarab527 wrote:
VikingNation wrote:

Andrean was 3-3 in the NCC. If you give them Hanover's non-conference slate of Wheeler, Hammond Morton, and Hammond Central they likely go 2-1 with a loss to Morton. They lost to Lowell -- the only Lowell team this century to have a losing record.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

The only Lowell team with a losing record this century.... we are talking this century correct?