6A North State Champions???

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Brickman2020

6A North State Champions???

Post by Brickman2020 »

Okay I felt I have to post this because my school lost a state championship game and we did not make shirts and posts about being North State champions. This is very corny and someone has to call them out for this.

Ben Davis is the entire state champion, North and South.

nwifbfan

Re: 6A North State Champions???

Post by nwifbfan »

CP congrats on a great season! Big wins over Penn and Westfield in playoffs.
Here’s the harsh reality though. Arguably, CP would have lost to 5A Champ Snider, 4A Champ East Central and 3A Champ Chatard.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:37 pm
Okay I felt I have to post this because my school lost a state championship game and we did not make shirts and posts about being North State champions. This is very corny and someone has to call them out for this.

Ben Davis is the entire state champion, North and South.
Funny that you bring this up... go to the Jansport Outlet in Appleton, WI... there are bins and bins of shirts that were printed before final games declaring one team the winner when they did not win. These shirts used to sell for $4.00 in the bargain bins.

cridge

Post by cridge »

nwifbfan wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:44 pm
Here’s the harsh reality though. Arguably, CP would have lost to 5A Champ Snider, 4A Champ East Central and 3A Champ Chatard.

sniper probably. I don't know about east central. but believe it or not, I think they can get Chatard, but Chatard can definitely beat them.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Saw that on their social media and that they are selling 6A North Champs shirts. I get it though, they are not Valpo, Hobart, or Andrean, they are new to being good and are really excited about it.

Just own the runner up title and get back to work

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

VikingNation wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:46 am
Saw that on their social media and that they are selling 6A North Champs shirts. I get it though, they are not Valpo, Hobart, or Andrean, they are new to being good and are really excited about it.

Just own the runner up title and get back to work
A red ring is better than no ring.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:44 pm
cridge wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:34 am
sniper probably. I don't know about east central. but believe it or not, I think they can get Chatard, but Chatard can definitely beat them.
While I am VERY much against selling North State Champions shirts (Semi-State Champs shirts totally different story), I think it is silly to argue that CP loses to Snider (92 Sagarin rating, same as CP) on a neutral field when CP beat a higher rated (and better) Westfield team, and did so handily. Not talking score board, obviously, but CP owned the trenches and game and should have finished them in regulation. Westfield forcing overtime I feel helps my case for how good they were.

The Westfield offense >>> the Snider offense and CP kept them under 260 total yards, I believe. The Snider defense was NASTY and probably could argue it was better than Westfield's but they weren't on Ben Davis' level of good and that's the only Defense this year that slowed down Crown Point's O-line. I've given Snider their flowers and will continue to do so as the 5A State Champs, but those boys were not better than CP, no way. Chatard? Probably. East Central? Was definitely better than CP! I don't think you beat Cincinnati Moeller by 10 (same team that lost to Ben Davis by 3 scores and Center Grove by 1 in OT) and then lose to CP. Idk? Maybe you do? But I don't see it.

For fun (and out of off-season boredom)…
CP 24 FW Snider 14
CP 21 East Central 38
CP 17 Indianapolis Chatard 28

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Not that Sagrin's is completely accurate but a decent barometer, they have Snider, EC, and Chatard all ahead of CP. I think CP finished #12. Of the three, the one I would feel the least confident in would be Snider though. EC and Chatard I'd bet the farm on them.

Nevertheless, CP had a great year for sure. They struggled all year with their secondary and it really showed up in playoffs specifically Penn and BD.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:37 pm
Not that Sagrin's is completely accurate but a decent barometer, they have Snider, EC, and Chatard all ahead of CP. I think CP finished #12. Of the three, the one I would feel the least confident in would be Snider though. EC and Chatard I'd bet the farm on them.
Agreed on your points. Sagarin is a good barometer but even despite CP beating Westfield head to head, it still places Westfield 5 spots higher than CP which is odd to me. It also ranks Bloomington South 1 spot higher than CP despite their lone regular season loss coming to a team that ranks 6 spots below Merrillville (who CP destroyed by 33) and their other coming against Decatur Central (ranked 17) who Snider rolled just as badly as they did Merrillville. I guess for me when the dust settles, I think CP wins that hypothetical Snider game and does not win the other two. Talking hypotheticals on two teams that both played in Lucas Oil last weekend is fun. Congrats again to both teams.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

CP beats Snider. Super overrated and really just feasted on a pretty bad Class 5A this year. East Central and Chatar would both be favored, but I think the Dogs could play with Chatard.