New Munster Head Coach - Romison Saint Louis

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
footballwrestler

New Munster Head Coach - Romison Saint Louis

Post by footballwrestler »

Romison Saint Louis will be hired as the Mustangs’ new head coach at their upcoming school board meeting. He was previously the head coach at Elkhart and Peru. Congrats, Coach and best of luck.

https://go.boarddocs.com/in/munster/Boa ... 021224.pdf

BallinFreak

Re: New Munster Head Coach - Romison Saint Louis

Post by BallinFreak »

Interesting choice.

From what I can find:

2018 - Peru 0-10
2019 - Peru 6-6
2020 - Peru 7-2
2021 - Peru 8-3

2022 - Elkhart 7-3
2023 - Elkhart 3-7

Career 31-31

From an article in an Elkhart paper it sounds like he was fired after this past season but no real reasons were given.

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

Coach Romison's track record at Elkhart with D1 talent raises questions about his ability to succeed at Munster. While boasting about GPA increases, Munster, already academically strong, may not benefit from his emphasis on academics. Building an empire requires more than academic achievements; it demands strategic coaching and leadership in sports. Skepticism arises as his success in one area doesn't necessarily guarantee success in another. Munster may need a coach with a proven record in both athletic and academic realms to truly thrive. The challenge lies in bridging the gap between academic success and building a winning sports program.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Munster is a diamond in the rough, just need to get the right guy in the driver's seat, with a strong supporting cast. I wish Coach nothing but success.

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

It sounds like you have a strong opinion about Munster's football program and its coaching strategies. The success of a football team can indeed be influenced by various factors, including coaching style, offensive schemes, and adaptability to different playing styles. If Grunewald was successful in implementing a flexbone offense that proved effective and difficult to defend, changing to a spread offense could potentially be a challenge for the team.

The success of a new coach often depends on their ability to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the existing team, as well as the dynamics of the local football scene. If the new coach can build on the foundation laid by Grunewald while making necessary adjustments, there is a chance for continued success. However, drastic changes, especially if they don't align with the team's strengths or the local football culture, may indeed lead to challenges.

It will be interesting to see how the new coach approaches the situation and whether they can maintain or even improve the team's performance within the NCC. Time will tell, and success in football often requires a balance between tradition and innovation

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

I know lots of people at Elkhart weren't particularly thrilled Coach Saint Louis was let go. Everyone seems to say the same thing about him: high character guy who does right by the kids that play for him. Think this is a good hire by Munster. Didn't just go with some Munster guy. Success at the high school level isn't always just W-L record. Being a good mentor and leader is just as important in a coach, especially at programs where realistically you won't be able to compete year after year.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 pm
I know lots of people at Elkhart weren't particularly thrilled Coach Saint Louis was let go. Everyone seems to say the same thing about him: high character guy who does right by the kids that play for him. Think this is a good hire by Munster. Didn't just go with some Munster guy. Success at the high school level isn't always just W-L record. Being a good mentor and leader is just as important in a coach, especially at programs where realistically you won't be able to compete year after year.
Definitely wise words and I am happy to hear that. I wish him nothing but the best. VP is exactly right. It is a diamond in the rough. With the right leadership it could be a thriving program.