New Coach at Lake Central

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nutsy

New Coach at Lake Central

Post by Nutsy »

Round and round it goes where it stops who knows? Wheel of Coaching Fortune.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

VPISU

Re: New Coach at Lake Central

Post by VPISU »

Nutsy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:12 pm
Round and round it goes where it stops who knows? Wheel of Coaching Fortune.

Nut
Nothing to report on this end, what do you know Nutsy?

Ken Moto

Post by Ken Moto »

This will be football hire #13 All 12 have left under negative circumstances. Buyer beware.

Region Don

Post by Region Don »

LC needs to open the checkbook, drive 10 minutes south on 41 and give Brian Parker what he wants! The way he has accelerated Hanover in such a short period of time when you think about it, is pretty incredible.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

There is something inherently wrong with LC football. Some good coaches have gone in there and all left very frustrated. All other sports teams do well there except for football. Is there a lack of support from administration to football? I personally don’t buy “the kids don’t come out for football”. They have had some good talent on field over the years. Is it a financial issue in terms of budget for football thus can’t hire quality assistant coaches.

The bottom line is it is a real shame what is going on at LC.

As far as Parker, yes he’s done a nice job at a rapidly growing enrollment school. Finally upped there competition level last year and were successful in a very down year for NCC. He would be a good hire for LC but I’m not sure he can turn this thing around alone.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Many have tried and many have failed.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

It will take a team of coaches with HC experience to pull this iron out of the fire. How do you attract talent from top to bottom? Money, it will take money to get the right coaches on staff. Too many lay coaches hurt a school as large as LC, more coaches need to be in the building. Just my two cents worth.

BombKicker

Post by BombKicker »

In my opinion, Lake Central football struggles because it's pulling from three separate towns and feeder programs. Those grade/middle school kids and their coaches form loyalty to each other in the years before high school. Those same kids and their coaches form rivalries and beefs with the opponent feeder schools, and take those tensions with them to high school. Now they are all competing for the same spots on the field, and already have a contentious past playing against each other. This causes locker room issues and parent/community issues.

The other sports don't suffer from this because the athletes with the most talent primarily play club/travel growing up and in the offseason. They don't form those intense team loyalties or rivalries. There is a certain free agent mentality in these sports, and that works at the high school level, at least for Lake Central. But with football, you don't have that club/travel component growing up. It's almost always a school based unit.

Brian Parker is an excellent coach, and I'm sure will continue to have great success at Hanover. Until Lake Central figures out how to tame their feeder systems, I think any head coach, including Parker would struggle.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

In my opinion, Lake Central football struggles because it's pulling from three separate towns and feeder programs. Those grade/middle school kids and their coaches form loyalty to each other in the years before high school. Those same kids and their coaches form rivalries and beefs with the opponent feeder schools, and take those tensions with them to high school. Now they are all competing for the same spots on the field, and already have a contentious past playing against each other. This causes locker room issues and parent/community issues.

The other sports don't suffer from this because the athletes with the most talent primarily play club/travel growing up and in the offseason. They don't form those intense team loyalties or rivalries. There is a certain free agent mentality in these sports, and that works at the high school level, at least for Lake Central. But with football, you don't have that club/travel component growing up. It's almost always a school based unit.”

Very interesting perspective! Does the head coach hire the middle school coaches? Do other large schools in Region and State have multiple feeders middle schools? If yes, is it an issue for them as well? I’ve never thought of this though.

LC has the enrollment base, they now have the facilities, arguably good coaching, great conference, good Pop Warner program, three feeder middle schools.

It must be the administration’s support ie budget for coaches, parental and player dissent and other things.

The bottom line is it’s a shame.

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

BombKicker wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:46 pm

The other sports don't suffer from this because the athletes with the most talent primarily play club/travel growing up and in the offseason. They don't form those intense team loyalties or rivalries. There is a certain free agent mentality in these sports, and that works at the high school level, at least for Lake Central. But with football, you don't have that club/travel component growing up. It's almost always a school based unit.

Brian Parker is an excellent coach, and I'm sure will continue to have great success at Hanover. Until Lake Central figures out how to tame their feeder systems, I think any head coach, including Parker would struggle.

One would agree with this post if it was 10 years early on the calendar. You must be in your late 40s. Kids on the gridiron and hardwood today don't have rivalries. They instead take pictures with them after the game. I didnt take a picture with Nick Wellman after our opening season loss in 94 27-24. Todays kids dont care about wins and losses, and they sure as heck dont care about their Middle School coaches and their hatred for the other middle schools in town. This is just silly.