Early region top 10 predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Hanovergrad2019

Early region top 10 predictions

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

1. Crown point (state runner ups)

2. Merrillville (most consistent program in entire region)

3. Valpo( 2nd most consistent and lost to Merrillville)

4. Hanover central (won’t be higher than 4 unless they take on the top 3)

5. Hobart( will they come time in right direction with the new coach?)

6. Andrean (had a down season last year but I think they rebound)

7. Chesterton (shocker I know but they are competing for top 3 in DAC this year.)

8. Hammond Morton (has great talent but can’t seem to compete with top teams)

9. Lake central (this will be the year they start to rebound)

10. Munster (major shock! But this team has the right coach at the helm now and he will have them in every game)

Former Region Guy

Re: Early region top 10 predictions

Post by Former Region Guy »

Munster coach had division 1 talent at Elkhart and won 3 games.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

This was Jimbo's Entirely Too Early 2024 Top 10 (Posted on the Monday after Thanksgiving 2023)
1. Crown Point Bulldogs (Defending Class 6A Runner-Ups)
2. Merrillville Pirates (Defending Regional Champions)
3. Valparaiso Vikings (Defending Sectional 10 Champions)
4. Hanover Central Wildcats (They'll be back! Too much talent and coaching not too)
5. Morton Governors (Too much talent not to like them. Staff being together for another year will help too)
6. Hobart Brickies (Incoming Senior class is a good one and the guys beneath them aren't bad either)
7. Andrean 59er's (No way they're 3-7 two years in a row, right?)
8. Lake Central Indians (Return a ton of experience on Defense. Offense has some holes to fill)
9. Lowell Red Devils (A program that always finds a way to get better. I'd be shocked to see them below .500 again)
10. Chesterton Trojans (See Andrean/ Lowell explanation)

Jimbo's New Entirely Too Early 2024 Top 10 (as of 4/15/2024)
4. Hanover Central Wildcats (They'll be back! Too much talent and coaching not too)
5. Morton Governors (Too much talent not to like them. Staff being together for another year will help too)
6. Hobart Brickies (Incoming Senior class is a good one and the guys beneath them aren't bad either)
8. Chesterton Trojans (See Andrean/ Lowell explanation)
9. Portage Indians (Willing to bet that Portage finishes top 4 or 5 in the DAC this season)
10. Lowell Red Devils (A program that always finds a way to get better. I'd be shocked to see them below .500 again)

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

[
Willing to gurantee that portage doesn’t get more than 2 wins this year being that they lost transfers to Valpo and merrillville.

Andrean is a loss cause. There talent is gone and coach is searching to leave. Just hasn’t found a good opening.

Morton has been and always will be a joke.. they have no where near the talent to compete with any of the top 4 duneland schools. So they will lose by 30+ come state tourney. Plus merrillville taking 2 of there kids this summer and Morton had no idea. (Btw those 2 kids live in merrillville already) (both have D1 offers)

Best fight on this list will be Merrillville/cp/valpo

quote=Jimbo23 post_id=3442 time=1713187119 user_id=143]

This was Jimbo's Entirely Too Early 2024 Top 10 (Posted on the Monday after Thanksgiving 2023)
8. Lake Central Indians (Return a ton of experience on Defense. Offense has some holes to fill)
9. Lowell Red Devils (A program that always finds a way to get better. I'd be shocked to see them below .500 again)

9. Portage Indians (Willing to bet that Portage finishes top 4 or 5 in the DAC this season)
10. Lowell Red Devils (A program that always finds a way to get better. I'd be shocked to see them below .500 again)
[/quote]

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:16 pm
[
Willing to gurantee that portage doesn’t get more than 2 wins this year being that they lost transfers to Valpo and merrillville.

Andrean is a loss cause. There talent is gone and coach is searching to leave. Just hasn’t found a good opening.

Morton has been and always will be a joke.. they have no where near the talent to compete with any of the top 4 duneland schools. So they will lose by 30+ come state tourney. Plus merrillville taking 2 of there kids this summer and Morton had no idea. (Btw those 2 kids live in merrillville already) (both have D1 offers)

[/quote]

You have almost no idea what you're talking about. Drop the names of the transfers, I'll bet you can't because they don't exist. Happy hunting though. Idk if I've ever seen a post 100% wrong, but you helped the cause.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Nothing would surprise me with the condition Hammond is facing in the no-referendum crunch.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
[

[/quote]

You can't produce a single name of a Portage football player who has transferred.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:02 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
[

You can't produce a single name of a Portage football player who has transferred.
[/quote]

He sure can't. Nor a Morton one. Guy doesn't even know the Andrean guy had EVERY chance to leave this offseason, and didn't. To be honest, the Andrean take is what threw me off the most. Lol :lol:

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

VPISU wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:46 pm
Nothing would surprise me with the condition Hammond is facing in the no-referendum crunch.
Agreed. I just KNOW that if THAT MANY athletes were leaving my alma mater in a single offseason, someone I know and consider a friend in the building would've told me. There's just NO WAY! :lol:

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

1. CP - Buz has established them as the best program in the area. We'll see how they follow-up their state run. Regular season should be 8-1 or 7-2 at the very worst. Big thing will be to make another deep postseason run to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

2. Merrillville - Best of the rest. But right now I think there's a big gap between CP and the rest of the Region. Can they finally make a state run before Seiss inevitably leaves?

3. Valpo - They'll plug kids in and be a force again.

4. Hanover Central - Undisputed top dogs of the smaller schools in the Region. Preseason favorites for the NCC.

5. Michigan City - Disappointing season last year but there's talent here and a coaching staff with another year together. Jury is still out though.

6. Chesterton - Think they bounce back from last year. Whether they can be anything more than middle of the pack in the DAC is hard to say though.

7. Hobart - They don't bring a ton back, but they were the only NCC team to give Hanover a game last year, so I'll slot them in as #2 in the NCC for now.

8. Andrean - Coming off one of the worst seasons on 5959 Broadway in forever. Schedule is tough and they're looking at 6-3 at the very best, but more likely something like 5-4 or 4-5. Success of the season will be determined by the post season run.

9. Lowell - Down season, but still one of the better programs in the area who always needs to be respected.

10. Morton - Lots of talent, games against Portage and Chesterton to start we'll show quickly if that talent equals good football team.