New Sectional Alignments

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Jimbo23

Re: New Sectional Alignments

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:03 pm
Jimbo , starting to concern me how similar are thoughts are!

Agree - Chatard destroys Hanover. Not even close.

Someone is getting very over zealous about HC. Move up to 4A and didn’t have huge success in 3A sectionals, but now considering them a State contender in 4 A.

Don’t get me wrong, HC is having local success and is a top program in area with all of their growth, but need temper the expectations.
Great minds, nwi, GREAT MINDS! Lol a personal "hot take" of mine of the past few years is that the 3A North is more difficult than the 4A North and a BIG PART of my reasoning was Chatard being in the 3A North. Not to mention the "West Lafayette hurdle," and I think both of those programs are better than Northwood, Leo, and New Prairie. I like Hanover's chances in Sectional 17 but a state run that requires them to go through Chatard is wishful thinking at best. Not to mention the New Prairie Cougars continue to find success in Sectional 17.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:42 pm
I agree that HC with not advance very far with this new draw.

How are we not talking about how easy Andrean has it in the 2A sectional, they are just going to walk to regionals for the next couple of years
It was an easy sectional last year and didn’t advance when losing to a not really very good La Ville team. They were young last year and should be improved this year but still some big gaps especially at qb and rb. RC is always tough and will compete.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:00 pm
nwifbfan wrote:

Someone is getting very over zealous about HC. Move up to 4A and didn’t have huge success in 3A sectionals, but now considering them a State contender in 4 A.

Don’t get me wrong, HC is having local success and is a top program in area with all of their growth, but need temper the expectations.
Great minds, nwi, GREAT MINDS! Lol a personal "hot take" of mine of the past few years is that the 3A North is more difficult than the 4A North and a BIG PART of my reasoning was Chatard being in the 3A North. Not to mention the "West Lafayette hurdle," and I think both of those programs are better than Northwood, Leo, and New Prairie. I like Hanover's chances in Sectional 17 but a state run that requires them to go through Chatard is wishful thinking at best. Not to mention the New Prairie Cougars continue to find success in Sectional 17.
With the economic boom in New Carlisle, New Prairie is going to continue to grow and get better. Similar to HC, these schools will be 5A soon.

Once again, I agree and have stated for years 3A North was always tougher than 4A North. Obviously that is changing with Chatard in 4A and Hobart, NP, and Lowell although Lowell seems to be at low point recently.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Hanover will need to figure out who that QB is if they are going to beat a very phyiscal NP in Sectional 17

Sectional 1- CP Vs Penn will be a good one, Very tough road if CP advances

Sectional 10- If Valpo can make it out, rematch with Merrillville looms who also will need to figure out QB

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

VikingNation wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:11 pm
Hanover will need to figure out who that QB is if they are going to beat a very phyiscal NP in Sectional 17

Sectional 1- CP Vs Penn will be a good one, Very tough road if CP advances

Sectional 10- If Valpo can make it out, rematch with Merrillville looms who also will need to figure out QB
Yes.

Yes.

Yes, but not if you ask Hanovergrad2019 who believes the Pirates have the best QB in the area. So idk HOW you didn't know that. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:00 pm
nwifbfan wrote:

With the economic boom in New Carlisle, New Prairie is going to continue to grow and get better. Similar to HC, these schools will be 5A soon.

Once again, I agree and have stated for years 3A North was always tougher than 4A North. Obviously that is changing with Chatard in 4A and Hobart, NP, and Lowell although Lowell seems to be at low point recently.
I'd agree. I think New Prairie isn't going anywhere but, as always, time will tell. 4A is going be "the tougher draw" now with Chatard coming up. Plus the sectional including New Prairie, Hobart, and Lowell (who often isn't down long) makes the Hanover Sectional run collectively much tougher than it was in 3A. West Lafayette is arguably better than each of the 3 teams mentioned in Sectional 17, but winning one game against one good team has gotta be more likely than winning two or three in a row against two or three good teams. Slapping around GSSC teams, Benton Central, and Twin Lakes before facing West Lafayette, while tough, is probably not AS tough as working through Hobart and New Prairie or New Prairie and Lowell, even if you throw an EC in there with them.

If you asked me to pick my Sectional 17 Favorite today on May 8th, I would say Hanover Central by a smidge over New Prairie. Ask me again in week 4. Lol

WAWG09

Post by WAWG09 »

Class 6A
1. (4): Crown Point, Lake Central, Penn, Portage
Adding Penn to the mix really makes things interesting for the CP Dawgs. Wondering how they respond this season with new leadership. CP could roll through them again, although I was surprised how Penn scored on CPs region tough defense. Will be an interesting game to watch for sure! It would be disappointing to see it happen in the first round.

Class 5A
9. (4): Hammond Central, Hammond Morton, Merrillville, Munster
Merrillvile "invite" is the word on the street. Merrillville is going to be loaded for sure. If any govs team had it in them it would be this season's squad. So much talent across the board. One of the most talented teams in the area in terms of how we are being recruited. No way this will be a gimme type of game. Munster and Central may as well tap out now. Cause there are only 2 dawgs in this fight.

10. (4): Chesterton, LaPorte, Michigan City, Valparaiso
Chesterton is always a tough out. We'll see if they are able to score more than a touchdown or two a game. LaPorte really plays like a 4A team. Not very competitive in most of their match ups. Not sure what they have returning. MC has high expectations but are they unrealistic? "Splash" hires to the staff this off-season seemed to have revitalized the team morale after the way they finished last season. A lot of talent but can they put it together? French should take this thing to the next level but we'll see. Valpo, always going to be a power house in the DAC. Can't ever count them out from making deep playoff runs. The year they won state it was believed to be a rebuilding year. I don't see much fight in this sectional unless MC can take it up a notch. Not sure what to expect from Peterson at Chesterton. Not sure why they allow mediocrity at Chesterton, he's done nothing since he's taken over the program.

Class 4A
17. (8): East Chicago Central, Gary West Side, Hanover Central, Highland, Hobart, Kankakee Valley, Lowell, New Prairie
Hanover Central Invite here. New Prairie will be down, KV may have the only dog in this fight. Lowell is awful, Hobart has been overrated since state 2020, Highland is worse than awful and geffert won't change that. EC is worse than worst than awful. West Side??? Expect HC to be 11-1 heading to regionals.

Class 3A
25. (8): Calumet, Glenn, Griffith, Hammond Bishop Noll, Jimtown, Knox, Mishawaka Marian, River Forest
Solid sectional matchups with teams outside of the region. Noll, Calumet, Griffith and River Forest don't stand a chance. Heard Mason has already tried to get out Griffith. Didn't even get an interview at LC. Things must be awful at Griffith.

Class 2A
33. (7): Andrean, Boone Grove, Bremen, Lake Station Edison, Rensselaer Central, Wheeler, Whiting
Andrean Invite

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

WAWG09 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:02 pm
Class 6A
1. (4): Crown Point, Lake Central, Penn, Portage
Adding Penn to the mix really makes things interesting for the CP Dawgs. Wondering how they respond this season with new leadership. CP could roll through them again, although I was surprised how Penn scored on CPs region tough defense. Will be an interesting game to watch for sure! It would be disappointing to see it happen in the first round.

Class 5A
9. (4): Hammond Central, Hammond Morton, Merrillville, Munster
Merrillvile "invite" is the word on the street. Merrillville is going to be loaded for sure. If any govs team had it in them it would be this season's squad. So much talent across the board. One of the most talented teams in the area in terms of how we are being recruited. No way this will be a gimme type of game. Munster and Central may as well tap out now. Cause there are only 2 dawgs in this fight.

10. (4): Chesterton, LaPorte, Michigan City, Valparaiso
Chesterton is always a tough out. We'll see if they are able to score more than a touchdown or two a game. LaPorte really plays like a 4A team. Not very competitive in most of their match ups. Not sure what they have returning. MC has high expectations but are they unrealistic? "Splash" hires to the staff this off-season seemed to have revitalized the team morale after the way they finished last season. A lot of talent but can they put it together? French should take this thing to the next level but we'll see. Valpo, always going to be a power house in the DAC. Can't ever count them out from making deep playoff runs. The year they won state it was believed to be a rebuilding year. I don't see much fight in this sectional unless MC can take it up a notch. Not sure what to expect from Peterson at Chesterton. Not sure why they allow mediocrity at Chesterton, he's done nothing since he's taken over the program.

Class 4A
17. (8): East Chicago Central, Gary West Side, Hanover Central, Highland, Hobart, Kankakee Valley, Lowell, New Prairie
Hanover Central Invite here. New Prairie will be down, KV may have the only dog in this fight. Lowell is awful, Hobart has been overrated since state 2020, Highland is worse than awful and geffert won't change that. EC is worse than worst than awful. West Side??? Expect HC to be 11-1 heading to regionals.

Class 3A
25. (8): Calumet, Glenn, Griffith, Hammond Bishop Noll, Jimtown, Knox, Mishawaka Marian, River Forest
Solid sectional matchups with teams outside of the region. Noll, Calumet, Griffith and River Forest don't stand a chance. Heard Mason has already tried to get out Griffith. Didn't even get an interview at LC. Things must be awful at Griffith.

Class 2A
33. (7): Andrean, Boone Grove, Bremen, Lake Station Edison, Rensselaer Central, Wheeler, Whiting
Andrean Invite

Morton can continue to be recruited but even if they had the morton transfers merrillvillle got during Covid that team still wouldn’t come within 14 points of the top of DAC..

This years team is no different. The game last year was a easy layup and merrillville still dog walks them by at least 21