Best chance of what region team goes to state each class.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Best chance of what region team goes to state each class.

Post by DACfanatic »

So this is my thread of the favorite and darkhorse of region teams to make a run to state in each class this year. Give me your thoughts and predictions

6A:

Favorite: crown point is by far the favorite in 6A region.

Darkhorse: unfortunately there isn’t one. No disrespect to lake central or portage: just don’t see either of them having more than a .001% chance.

5A

Favorite: MERRILLVILLE

I mean there is no other answer but merrillville. They return almost the starting unit. Only have to fill 3 spots over the summer.

Darkhorse: Valpo/chestertkn/Michigan city

Valpo is always a threat but they are rebuilding/reloading there entire team. But last time they did this they won state!! Chesterton was probably the surprise team in the DAC as they were hanging around everyone all year. They even led Valpo/crown point in 2nd half’s. I expect them to be a suprise again this year. And Michigan city we all know has talent. Can they put it together?

4A:

Favorite: HANOVER CENTRAL

They moved to a new confrence and faced little to no resistance dominating everyone. They stepped up there schedule this year and I don’t see anyone in 4A region staying close.

Darkhorse: Hobart. They make noise of Hanover falters but I think Hanover is gonna be a DAC level school soon.

3A

Favorite: Knox

There isn’t a whole lot to choose from.. 3A is bare with talent from region.

No darkhorse

2A:

Favorite: Andrean

Andrean should get smoked in there first 3 games of season playing merrillville/valpo/chatard. But that will have them battle tested for playoffs.

Darkhorse: no one

1A: north Judson

Darkhorse: winnamac

Hanovergrad2019

Re: Best chance of what region team goes to state each class.

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

I agree with most of your list cody. Except I don’t think Hanover should be over Hobart! The season will be interesting this year but I think Hanover isn’t gonna run the conference again. I also think Valpo is the best chance of all classes to make state! The game with merrillville this year will be at Valpo so we will see how it plays out! But your state champ in 5A comes from the north

WAWG09

Post by WAWG09 »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:46 pm
I agree with most of your list cody. Except I don’t think Hanover should be over Hobart! The season will be interesting this year but I think Hanover isn’t gonna run the conference again. I also think Valpo is the best chance of all classes to make state! The game with merrillville this year will be at Valpo so we will see how it plays out! But your state champ in 5A comes from the north
No way Hobart beats Hanover,

New Prarie will be down to,

Hanover will lose the first regular season game in almost 3 season to Chatard

But they will run the NCC again to much firepower comin back and win the sectional with no problem. Second test will be against Mishawaka or Northridge in the regional

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

WAWG09 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:15 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:46 pm
No way Hobart beats Hanover,

New Prarie will be down to,

Hanover will lose the first regular season game in almost 3 season to Chatard

But they will run the NCC again to much firepower comin back and win the sectional with no problem. Second test will be against Mishawaka or Northridge in the regional

I missed something because I swear there was a thread talking about Hanover central and Michigan city playing week 2 this year. I wonder what happened. City fans were saying they were done with both Warsaw and Jeff but they are both still on there schedule

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

I love how people are just ignoring that Hanover is losing a 2000 yard passer and their best O lineman.

Football Fan

Post by Football Fan »

New Praire is in the sectional as well. They are always tough.

WAWG09

Post by WAWG09 »

Football Fan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:51 pm
New Praire is in the sectional as well. They are always tough.
New Prairie is going to take a step back if they dont have a qb in that offense

WAWG09

Post by WAWG09 »

Former Region Guy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:21 pm
I love how people are just ignoring that Hanover is losing a 2000 yard passer and their best O lineman.
hanover returns one of the best backs in the state, a transfer from illinois and a bowen on the team,

with the other pieces they got theyll be straight.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Former Region Guy wrote:
That's because people know they have a QB transferring (or already transferred) in and 4 out of 5 O-lineman coming back is a win for ANY program, even IF you lost the best one...

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Former Region Guy wrote:
I’m willing to say Hanover is the 3rd best in region behind merrillville and crown point. I think Hanover could take Valpo this year with what they got coming back