Rick Good to LC

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nathan_Laird

Rick Good to LC

Post by Nathan_Laird »

Lake Central will be hiring Calumet's Rick Good as the new football coach at a school board meeting on 1/19.

Good went 23-14 in four seasons at Calumet - the only coach in program history with a winning record.
There's nothing else going....so why not bring this back?

MCWolves219

Re: Rick Good to LC

Post by MCWolves219 »

Good hire or no?

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

I am sure it will be spun as a good hire, but a school like LC should not be getting their next head coach from Calumet.

Maybe Merrillville or Valpo can turn to River Forest or Lake Station for their next head coaches

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Well, you just might never know.... I say give him a chance, what could it hurt.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

28tossright

Post by 28tossright »

I’d say it’s a “Good” hire haha
Honestly who knows at this point. He did some great things at calumet and now has a bigger pool to choose from. Has to get those 3 communities on board. I saw he went to Mt. Carmel, is he from Illinois or Indiana? Perhaps he can recruit some kids back to LC....
Any word from Crown Point on hc process?

Fred Jones field

Post by Fred Jones field »

Word travels slow down here off of State Road 10, but I am hearing an outsider will be going to CP. Is this a good or bad thing for the region?

28tossright

Post by 28tossright »

Fred Jones field wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:06 pm
Word travels slow down here off of State Road 10, but I am hearing an outsider will be going to CP. Is this a good or bad thing for the region?
I’ve heard they started interviews last week, not sure if they’ll do a final round. Just wonder when they plan on making a final decision and announcement and if it’s who I heard it might be. Be great for CP and LC to be more relevant on the gridiron and make the DAC an even tougher conference

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Go Blue!

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Fred Jones field wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:06 pm
I hear from a good source it will be a, "Surprise to Da' Region".

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

AD#8

Post by AD#8 »

The 1st year at the helm will tell a lot in my opinion. Good will have the same players for the most part that TBart had. LC didn't lose any impact seniors this year. My prediction is more of the same, 2, 3 wins tops. LC got the best that they could during their coaching search, and Mr. Good is a nice guy from all the interactions I've had with him, but nothing will change on the football field. LC has a nice Freshman/Sophomore class, so perhaps he can get 4 or 5 wins in a few years, but LC will never be a power with Good in charge, honestly I don't know who it would take to change the culture there, so my statement isn't necessarily a knock on the new coach. Unfortunately, LC has become an ending for coaches, not a destination.