Did Illinois make the right decision?

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BallinFreak

Re: Did Illinois make the right decision?

Post by BallinFreak »

I dont see it as being stubborn, but as making the best of a bad situation.

I am glad you are confident of things being so much better during the spring for Illinios. I do not share that confidence. I am not even sold on the idea that they are going to have a season at all. Some Illinios basketball games are already being canceled.

It is a crappy situation all around, but I am glad indiana and other states pushed ahead and made the best of it.

oldunclemark

Post by oldunclemark »

Basketball is and was a bad idea in BOTH states but this is football.
Green grass. Sunshine (They're not afraid to play in the afternoon) and people in the stands...

if all teachers and most kids are vaccined..what stops the games?...
You'll see.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Basketball was not a bad idea and has went off just fine in many places. I live in a neighboring state and the school district in our town has had a full boys and girls season with no interruptions and with plenty of fans in the stands. In fact, of the 8 schools in our conference only 1 school has had to miss games due to Covid.

But Illinois is over the top crazy about this stuff, and there is no way that football goes off as well as you think even if things get some better with a vaccine.

oldunclemark

Post by oldunclemark »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 am
Basketball was not a bad idea and has went off just fine in many places. I live in a neighboring state and the school district in our town has had a full boys and girls season with no interruptions and with plenty of fans in the stands. In fact, of the 8 schools in our conference only 1 school has had to miss games due to Covid.

But Illinois is over the top crazy about this stuff, and there is no way that football goes off as well as you think even if things get some better with a vaccine.
Basketball is a terrible idea and it did not go off just fine here. In a world wide pandemic where we dont know what kills people, we send kids to different schools to interact with other kids. Then they come back home and spread the germ. To whom. We dont know.
We have no idea who the dead caught the virus from. None.

We have no idea how many deaths come from virus infections spread by those kids. None.
How many people died in your state?. Lots died in Indiana and Illinois.

Folks still dont take the virus seriously as the deaths keep coming. To think that in-person school and indoor sports are more important than people lives is where our priorities are.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Was just a fine idea here and I am thrilled we have pushed forward. Kids getting their seasons in. Cases and deaths are going down each week. No proof of any transmission from an athletic event.

Finally people are starting to come to their senses in most places. It is really too bad places like Illinois have taken so much away from people.

bluewolf219

Post by bluewolf219 »

oldunclemark wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:46 am
BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 am

Basketball is a terrible idea and it did not go off just fine here. In a world wide pandemic where we dont know what kills people, we send kids to different schools to interact with other kids. Then they come back home and spread the germ. To whom. We dont know.

We have no idea how many deaths come from virus infections spread by those kids. None.

Folks still dont take the virus seriously as the deaths keep coming. To think that in-person school and indoor sports are more important than people lives is where our priorities are.
Did the deaths stop when we went virtual in the spring and canceled all of our sports? Did they stop over summer break when school wasn't in session?

Just like we don't have any idea how many deaths have occurred from the spread by those kids, you don't have any idea how many less it would be if we were still completely online and still didn't have sports. You will say even one life is worth shutting everything down, I'll say I'm safer going to a high school game than Wal-Mart.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Talked to a friend of mine who is a referee in Illinois.

Things are not going that well. Teams shut down for covid. Players missing games. Things having to be rescheduled.

So pretty much the same as what Indiana faced.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Times are rough times are hard here's my completed COVID Injection card.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

oldunclemark

Post by oldunclemark »

[

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did the deaths stop when we went virtual in the spring and canceled all of our sports? Did they stop over summer break when school wasn't in session?

Just like we don't have any idea how many deaths have occurred from the spread by those kids, you don't have any idea how many less it would be if we were still completely online and still didn't have sports. You will say even one life is worth shutting everything down, I'll say I'm safer going to a high school game than Wal-Mart.
[/quote]

But hundreds have died...a half million nationally. I do have an idea and so do you.
Its about the people the 'positive' players infected when they went home.
This is an example of the deep-seated denial we have for this virus. We are just a stubborn group people who would rather people we dont know die that to have US be inconvenienced. That's what its all about.

We want to go out to our favorite night spot to eat and we proudly and loudly ignore folks catching an incurable virus and dying down the street.