Alabama Bites the Dust

What's happening on the gridiron beyond the Region? Talk about it all in this section!
Nutsy

Alabama Bites the Dust

Post by Nutsy »

Go Vols!

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

28tossright

Re: Alabama Bites the Dust

Post by 28tossright »

will we see 2 SEC and 2 big ten teams in the playoffs? or does this set up 3 SEC teams and 1 big ten team in the playoffs? Still a lot of season to unfold.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

I can't see a path for 2 Big Ten teams.
I doubt OSU or Michigan will have a loss going into their meeting, so the winner would likely make the CFP (presuming they win the Big Ten Championship game). The other will be left on the outside looking in. Neither of their OOC resumes are super strong.

With that said, I also do not see 3 SEC teams making the CFP playoffs, though I would say this is a better chance of happening over the 2 Big Ten team scenario.

ND can play a MAJOR spoiler here this week as they take on Clemson.

TCU wins out, they will likely be the 4 seed.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

You make some good observations... interesting playoff situations.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

With Tennessee losing last night, there may only be 1 SEC team that makes the CFP's and that is UGA if they win out.
Gonna be WILD, should UGA win out, TCU lose 1 of next 2, Winner of OSU/Michigan lose in B1G Championship (very unlikely).....Just thinking out loud.

Is college football "down" this year or is there just more parity? Either way, some interesting scenarios to unfold.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

28tossright wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:14 pm
will we see 2 SEC and 2 big ten teams in the playoffs? or does this set up 3 SEC teams and 1 big ten team in the playoffs? Still a lot of season to unfold.
I wonder if today is how the CFPs get 2 B1G teams in...

If TCU and USC win today, does OSU drop out of the top 4?
If UGA, UM, TCU and USC win out, are those the 4???

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

For sake of new teams in the CFP, I hope TCU and USC win this weekend. ***What I'd prefer to see happen.***
In terms of craziness, LOL, I'd like to see TCU and USC lose this weekend and see what the committee does then.....
Would they move 1 loss OSU into the top 4? Would they move up 2 loss Alabama into the top 4?

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

28tossright wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:14 pm
It looks like you are correct on 1 account. Sure appears OSU (2 B1G teams in the CFP) will at least slide into 4, with the throttling Utah handed out to USC.