Andrean @ Hobart

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
cactusjack

Re: Andrean @ Hobart

Post by cactusjack »

Scrimmages and week 6 are 2 different things. Most teams get better over time. With the short summer, teams didn't have as much time to prepare, especially offense. Andrean was not in sync in the Valpo scrimmage. That being said, valparaiso's line is huge, on both sides of the ball. So they probably would handle Andrean. But, so many things get tweaked, players move around, coaches don't scheme as much for the scrimmage, and kids aren't as sharp in tackling / technique. Hard to put too much stock into a scrimmage.

Richielikelionel37

Post by Richielikelionel37 »

cactusjack wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:18 pm
Scrimmages and week 6 are 2 different things. Most teams get better over time. With the short summer, teams didn't have as much time to prepare, especially offense. Andrean was not in sync in the Valpo scrimmage. That being said, valparaiso's line is huge, on both sides of the ball. So they probably would handle Andrean. But, so many things get tweaked, players move around, coaches don't scheme as much for the scrimmage, and kids aren't as sharp in tackling / technique. Hard to put too much stock into a scrimmage.

I agree to some of that. Regardless they beat a really good Hobart football team and after being down 14. It really wasn’t a close game. Andrean just took over. They have the talent to get to state. Hobart played Merrillville pretty tough so to see Andrean do this to them is a bit surprising.

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode »

Richielikelionel37 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:48 am
cactusjack wrote:

I agree to some of that. Regardless they beat a really good Hobart football team and after being down 14. It really wasn’t a close game. Andrean just took over. They have the talent to get to state. Hobart played Merrillville pretty tough so to see Andrean do this to them is a bit surprising.
To say they "took over" is a little misleading. Hobart lost the game more than Andrean won. Andrean is a very good team, but I saw stats from the game. Hobart had 357 yards of offense to Andreans 230. Difference in game came down to Hobarts 2 fumbles that gave Andrean the ball on the 10 and 15 yard lines. Also hobart had 145 yards in penalties. You can say the defense caused those turnovers or what ever you want, but Hobart lost that game. Not to mention I first quarter, Hobart star lineback Bobby Babcock goes down with a knee injury while they are up 14-0.
Last edited by Beastmode on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode »

Andrean should make a run all the way to lucas oil being in 2a. On the flip side Hobart should be down there too, sagarin ratings still have Hobart favorite in north.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Beastmode wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:23 pm
cactusjack wrote:

To say they "took over" is a little misleading. Hobart lost the game more than Andrean won. Andrean is a very good team, but I saw stats from the game. Hobart had 357 yards of offense to Andreans 230. Difference in game came down to Hobarts 2 fumbles that gave Andrean the ball on the 10 and 15 yard lines. Also hobart had 145 yards in penalties. You can say the defense caused those turnovers or what ever you want, but Hobart lost that game.
I watched that game and from the second quarter on Hobart was getting hit in the mouth and not responding well. Not only were those fumbles due to defenders physically ripping the ball out of the running backs hands, Hobart's QB threw a heinous interception that went back to the house for Andrean that made it 35-17. Andrean physically beat them despite the stats as well as won the game.

For a team that everyone wanted to crown as one of the best in the area and a state title contender not showing up last Friday and making a multitude of mistakes is disappointing. I hope they can rebound and bring good momentum into the playoffs.

RussellRadtke

Post by RussellRadtke »

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:01 am
31-14 Hobart. I saw valpi handle Andrean in the scrimmage. I think Andrean has issues stopping the run.
Vikings have one of the largest offensive lines in the state, and Andrean was missing their middle lb and 2 d-ends due to a 14 day quarantine.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

Beastmode wrote:
cactusjack wrote:

To say they "took over" is a little misleading. Hobart lost the game more than Andrean won. Andrean is a very good team, but I saw stats from the game. Hobart had 357 yards of offense to Andreans 230. Difference in game came down to Hobarts 2 fumbles that gave Andrean the ball on the 10 and 15 yard lines. Also hobart had 145 yards in penalties. You can say the defense caused those turnovers or what ever you want, but Hobart lost that game. Not to mention I first quarter, Hobart star lineback Bobby Babcock goes down with a knee injury while they are up 14-0.
Being a Hobart fan you can not say that. Andrean came out in the second half and made adjustments and Hobart did not. Andrean's defense is unreal with the number 1 player in the state for 2023, Flesher with a great INT and the defense forced those turnovers. Injuries happen, tunrovers happen but to say that a team didn't earn a win is a cope out. Have to give Andrean props and they were better on that night and wish them luck in the 2A play offs they should made it to Lucas Oil

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:14 pm
Beastmode wrote:

Being a Hobart fan you can not say that. Andrean came out in the second half and made adjustments and Hobart did not. Andrean's defense is unreal with the number 1 player in the state for 2023, Flesher with a great INT and the defense forced those turnovers. Injuries happen, tunrovers happen but to say that a team didn't earn a win is a cope out. Have to give Andrean props and they were better on that night and wish them luck in the 2A play offs they should made it to Lucas Oil
I too was at the game. And the stat the lost Hobart the game was turnovers. 21 points off of turnovers, thats the game.... Mark my words that Andrean will win a 2a state title. There is no public school that can muster that type of talent across the board to beat them. Hobart will make a deep run. My guess is they are state runner up. Merrillville will also be a state runner up. I dont think Valpo can beat Dwenger. So Valpo ends year as regional champs.

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Beastmode wrote:

Imagine if Flesher would have stayed at Hobart. I mean I understand that being raised a devout Catholic would lean you to Andrean, but it would have been nice to see. Also Andreans defense is good, but "unreal" defenses don't give up 357 yards of offense.. sorry.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Beastmode wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:29 pm
Brickman2020 wrote:
Beastmode wrote:

Imagine if Flesher would have stayed at Hobart. I mean I understand that being raised a devout Catholic would lean you to Andrean, but it would have been nice to see. Also Andreans defense is good, but "unreal" defenses don't give up 357 yards of offense.. sorry.
Where are you getting the stats from? Wanted to see the stats and saw Hobart did not enter on Maxpreps.