REGION TOP 10 GOING INTO WEEK 6

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

REGION TOP 10 GOING INTO WEEK 6

Post by DACfanatic »

1. Crown point
2. Hanover central
3. Valpo
4. Merrillville
5. Hobart
6. Hammond central
7. Lake central
8. Hammond Morton.
9. Michigan city
10. Boone grove

HM: portage, Lowell, Andrean, north Judson, Chesterton

scarab527

Re: REGION TOP 10 GOING INTO WEEK 6

Post by scarab527 »

1. Crown Point - Have a chance to prove their status as undisputed #1 this week against the only other Region team even remotely on their level.

2. Valpo - Playing really well as of late. Can knock off CP to claim #1.

3. Merrillville - There’s a gulf between the #2 and #3 teams in the Region. Beating City with no offensive TDs was nice, but really only proved that the Pirates are nowhere close to as good as they have been. Barring anything crazy, they’re not a threat to Valpo.

4. Michigan City - Tough loss to Merrillville this week, but still the #4 team in the Region. But I’m getting the feeling this team won’t put it together this season.

5. Hanover Central - I think there’s a chance they could put the running clock on every team in the NCC with how bad the conference is and how they like to run up scores. But saying they’re the #2 team in the Region is laughable. Valpo running clocks these boys with ease.

(These 5 are the only teams in the Region that are actually any good this year IMO).

6. Hobart - Best of the rest. Barely escaping against a bad Andrean team tells me this team won’t challenge Hanover.

7. Chesterton - Injuries have killed them. This team is made of glass. But they still played Valpo within 3 TDs, which is something I don’t think any team below them could (or even most of the teams above them).

8. Morton - Playing better, wouldn’t be surprised if they beat Hobart in a couple weeks.

9. Lake Central - Barely surviving against LaPorte is not good, even if Williams didn’t play. The Region is so down this year they’re still a Top 10 team, which is really telling about the lack of depth in the area.

10. Andrean - Faired much better against Hobart than I thought they would. But this team is bad. But a bad Andrean team is still good enough to be Top 10 this year.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

I have to say you have made some good points... it is a sad state of affairs in 'Da Region.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:44 pm
1. Crown point
2. Hanover central
3. Valpo
4. Merrillville
5. Hobart
6. Hammond central
7. Lake central
8. Hammond Morton.
9. Michigan city
10. Boone grove

HC at #2 is worth of a chuckle... I do think they will give Hobart a run for the money. Morton is big and strong... have a few good receivers.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Bearcat Nation

Post by Bearcat Nation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:44 pm
1. Crown point
2. Hanover central
3. Valpo
4. Merrillville
5. Hobart
6. Hammond central
7. Lake central
8. Hammond Morton.
9. Michigan city
10. Boone grove

Wheeler 28, Boone Grove 20.

Just sayin'.
October 21, 2011: Wheeler 12, Andrean 7
Click here

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:46 am
1. Crown Point - Have a chance to prove their status as undisputed #1 this week against the only other Region team even remotely on their level.

3. Merrillville - There’s a gulf between the #2 and #3 teams in the Region. Beating City with no offensive TDs was nice, but really only proved that the Pirates are nowhere close to as good as they have been. Barring anything crazy, they’re not a threat to Valpo.

4. Michigan City - Tough loss to Merrillville this week, but still the #4 team in the Region. But I’m getting the feeling this team won’t put it together this season.

5. Hanover Central - I think there’s a chance they could put the running clock on every team in the NCC with how bad the conference is and how they like to run up scores. But saying they’re the #2 team in the Region is laughable. Valpo running clocks these boys with ease.

(These 5 are the only teams in the Region that are actually any good this year IMO).

6. Hobart - Best of the rest. Barely escaping against a bad Andrean team tells me this team won’t challenge Hanover.

7. Chesterton - Injuries have killed them. This team is made of glass. But they still played Valpo within 3 TDs, which is something I don’t think any team below them could (or even most of the teams above them).

8. Morton - Playing better, wouldn’t be surprised if they beat Hobart in a couple weeks.

9. Lake Central - Barely surviving against LaPorte is not good, even if Williams didn’t play. The Region is so down this year they’re still a Top 10 team, which is really telling about the lack of depth in the area.

10. Andrean - Faired much better against Hobart than I thought they would. But this team is bad. But a bad Andrean team is still good enough to be Top 10 this year.
Harsh criticism but hard to disagree with. My initial thoughts:
  • 1. I'm surprised there were people at the beginning of the season who scoffed at the idea of Hanover stepping up to NCC play and not struggling. Have they not been paying attention to how bad the NCC currently is and the trajectory Hanover is on with the growth in their community?

2. I noticed Hammond Central is still in the Region Sports Top 10. Is this a PC move to appease the Lake County crowd? What I saw against Pioneer was an offense that would struggle to score in the DAC. I don't think they could beat LaPorte.

3. You woudl be hard pressed to find more of an underachiever in Indiana than Lake Central football. Did they just give up on the sport when Britton left? They have the enrollment and socioeconomic makeup that fits the Hoosier Crossroads Conference, Penn, Homestead and FW Carroll yet asolutely no recent football success. I'ts mind boggling.

4. Andrean at Bishop Chatard is going to be very ugly. Bishop Chatard's HC is an Andrean grad so I'm sure he'll keep the score respectable.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:15 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:46 am

Harsh criticism but hard to disagree with. My initial thoughts:
  • 1. I'm surprised there were people at the beginning of the season who scoffed at the idea of Hanover stepping up to NCC play and not struggling. Have they not been paying attention to how bad the NCC currently is and the trajectory Hanover is on with the growth in their community?

2. I noticed Hammond Central is still in the Region Sports Top 10. Is this a PC move to appease the Lake County crowd? What I saw against Pioneer was an offense that would struggle to score in the DAC. I don't think they could beat LaPorte.

3. You woudl be hard pressed to find more of an underachiever in Indiana than Lake Central football. Did they just give up on the sport when Britton left? They have the enrollment and socioeconomic makeup that fits the Hoosier Crossroads Conference, Penn, Homestead and FW Carroll yet asolutely no recent football success. I'ts mind boggling.

4. Andrean at Bishop Chatard is going to be very ugly. Bishop Chatard's HC is an Andrean grad so I'm sure he'll keep the score respectable.
I’m really not trying to be disrespectful, I understand and respect all of the hard work these kids and coaches put into this. But I have to call it how I see it. Truthfully the only two good teams are really CP and Valpo, but 3-5 I think are at least halfway decent.

1. I thought Hanover would be a top team and would dominate the Highlands and KVs of the conference. I am surprised they’ll win it with the dominance they likely will. A good Hobart or Andrean team would still be favored but those two teams are not good this year.

2. Not sure on the reasoning other than the record. But no they couldn’t beat LaPorte. They are not good.

3. I was actually gonna make a comment that either LC or Munster have to be the worst programs pound for pound in the area, if not even the entire state. LC had some teams under Saint Germain that were solid but not spectacular. Munster’s decline is a big reason the NCC is not nearly what it once was as well imo. Hurts the entire conference when the biggest school is the worst team. You could probably say something similar for the DAC.

4. The year we have the hardest schedule potentially in school history we also have one of our worst teams this millennia. Tough.

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

Crown Point is just a complete team. The front seven is really tough. That quarterback is really talented. I hope my Valpo Vikings can give them a game.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:41 am
Crown Point is just a complete team. The front seven is really tough. That quarterback is really talented. I hope my Valpo Vikings can give them a game.
CP is deep at every position...

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:41 am
A game they did. Great effort. Definitely the best two teams around.