DAC power rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
cridge

Re: DAC power rankings and predictions

Post by cridge »

From the Stands wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:26 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:25 pm
pvsharks wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:20 pm
It is week seven, Most teams are dealing with missing starters due injuries and other issues. Playing in the DAC, NCC takes a toll on bodies and teams. Staying the course and building back-ups is the name of the game .
I agree. Week 3 was early for a lot of injuries. But we lost none the less.

Now tomorrow this is gonna be an interesting game. Merrillville defense for the first Tami (baring any setback today) since week 1 will be fully healthy. And the offense has everyone except RG (if I’m not mistaken) now @scarb is correct our offense has looked horrible since week 3. Some can be due to injuries. Some can be due to the fact the team has a better QB on the bench and it’s not even close. But 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t choose who plays. But I 100% believe merrillville defense is head and shoulders above Valpos when both are healthy. Tomorrow will see the truth. Maybe I’m too blind to see it. But without Davis I think Valpo struggles to move ball and I’d even go as far to say as they will be under 150 yards for game. And potentially be 7 points or less on the board
Valpo’d D was the one banged up, missing a couple of starters and losing another during the game and they still won this week. I think this case is rested.
It's settled. Crown point is the only team in nwi. and they still don't have enough dogs

the dog

Post by the dog »

cridge wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:26 pm
From the Stands wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Now tomorrow this is gonna be an interesting game. Merrillville defense for the first Tami (baring any setback today) since week 1 will be fully healthy. And the offense has everyone except RG (if I’m not mistaken) now @scarb is correct our offense has looked horrible since week 3. Some can be due to injuries. Some can be due to the fact the team has a better QB on the bench and it’s not even close. But 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t choose who plays. But I 100% believe merrillville defense is head and shoulders above Valpos when both are healthy. Tomorrow will see the truth. Maybe I’m too blind to see it. But without Davis I think Valpo struggles to move ball and I’d even go as far to say as they will be under 150 yards for game. And potentially be 7 points or less on the board
Valpo’d D was the one banged up, missing a couple of starters and losing another during the game and they still won this week. I think this case is rested.
It's settled. Crown point is the only team in nwi. and they still don't have enough dogs
Sagarin ratings would say:
in 6A:
Crown Point huge favorite to win sectional 1 and slight favorite to beat either Penn or Carroll in regional. Would be a slight underdog to lose at semistate.

in 5A:
Merrillvile big favorites to win sectional 9, Valparaiso favorites to win sectional 10. And the winner of Merrillville/Valpo regional would be pretty even against the Mishawaka or Fort Wayne Snider should they play. Pretty much a 50/50 chance that either Merrillville or Valpo will go to state.

in 4A:
Hobart slight (4 point) underdog against New Prairie on a neutral field. If Hobart were to win sectional 17, likely would be a slight dog to the sectional 18 winner but within reason.

in 3A:
Hanover Central a good sized favorite in sectional 25 (10 over closest opponent, West Lafayette). Would be favorites to win regional although Knox is a good matchup. Chatard likely would loom at semistate, though.

in 2A: Andrean slight underdog to win sectional 33. Even if they win, Lafayette Central Catholic would be favorite to win regional should they play.

Still looks like Merrillville and Valpo have the best shot at getting to Indy to me just because of the path they have to travel.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:59 pm
From the Stands wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Hmm interesting thing is you must not of noticed the 4 merrillville players that left the game in 1st half that didn’t return. And that’s when the run game opened up for Valpo. This game will be a great rematch at regionals. If Valpo gets there. There offense is basically all Clark now. They gotta figure something out. Marshall said they were healthy starting game and as game went on they lost people just like merrillville.

For Merrillville
DE terelle Elmore (D1 commit) left game in 1st.. (back)
Db Jalen Ramsey left game in mid 2nd (think broken hand)
C Nelson left game in 2nd (not sure on injury) (he never came back out after half.

But it don’t matter. It was a great game on both sides. And the difference was a kick return TD. I look forward to the rematch
And let the excuses begin.

Clark the whole offense? Burda had 26 carries for 146 yards and 2 TDs.

Still waiting for you to list by name and school those 16 D1 players. Or are you just gonna make another account and cry more?

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

The game last night should have been valpo 30 the ville17. A lot of things went the Gilles way and still lost.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:17 pm
The game last night should have been valpo 30 the ville17. A lot of things went the Gilles way and still lost.
Agreed, and the biggest to go their way was that long TD receiption that should have been an INT. Total fluke TD. No offense to Pope, but after watching him throw the ball around I could see why some homers on here were pushing for the JV QB to start.

cridge

Post by cridge »

Boilernation wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:58 pm
Richielikelionel wrote:
Agreed, and the biggest to go their way was that long TD receiption that should have been an INT. Total fluke TD. No offense to Pope, but after watching him throw the ball around I could see why some homers on here were pushing for the JV QB to start.
Without that kickoff return Valpo lost. Total fluke. Or should I say valpo escaped

the dog

Post by the dog »

Boilernation wrote:
Richielikelionel wrote:
Sanders definitely has the better arm and has really good size. More of a prototypical drop back QB. Pope provides a dual threat but doesn’t throw the ball as well. For better or worse, their offense will look much different next year.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

cridge wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:03 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Richielikelionel wrote:
Without that kickoff return Valpo lost. Total fluke. Or should I say valpo escaped
Woulda, coulda, shoulda… give me a break.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

cridge

Post by cridge »

Nutsy wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:49 pm
cridge wrote:
Boilernation wrote:

Nut
Facts tho. Would have won easily if our back was healthy and had our full Def

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

cridge wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:34 pm
Nutsy wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:49 pm
cridge wrote:

Nut
Facts tho. Would have won easily if our back was healthy and had our full Def
Conjecture isn’t factual.