HOT SEAT 2024

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
WAWG09

HOT SEAT 2024

Post by WAWG09 »

What coaches should be on the "HOT SEAT" in 2024?

I'll start off with a few:

1. My govs Mac Mishler, this season they have to prove something. Built it for 4 years now. Time to take it to the next level, if they don't go 8-1 at least in the regular season it would be a disappointing year.

2. Mark peterson, no idea how he still has this job? What is the point of those kids playing football each year? Mediocre at best.

3. Kilmer, lackluster '23 campaign, the worst Lowell team that has stepped on the field since 1998.

4. Skinner, a bad Andrean team last season, one of the worst since the Zimmer era. losing to Lowell to wrap up the season made it even worse.

5. Salary, since 2018 Calumet has been respectable in thier confernce, tough to see the fall happen so quick. 3-7 last season wasn't a good look. Must have a rebound season.

scarab527

Re: HOT SEAT 2024

Post by scarab527 »

WAWG09 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:38 pm

1. My govs Mac Mishler, this season they have to prove something. Built it for 4 years now. Time to take it to the next level, if they don't go 8-1 at least in the regular season it would be a disappointing year.

2. Mark peterson, no idea how he still has this job? What is the point of those kids playing football each year? Mediocre at best.

3. Kilmer, lackluster '23 campaign, the worst Lowell team that has stepped on the field since 1998.

4. Skinner, a bad Andrean team last season, one of the worst since the Zimmer era. losing to Lowell to wrap up the season made it even worse.

5. Salary, since 2018 Calumet has been respectable in thier confernce, tough to see the fall happen so quick. 3-7 last season wasn't a good look. Must have a rebound season.
1. I’ll agree with this one other than the 8-1 comment. They’ve definitely softened the schedule considerably compared to the last few years, but Chesterton and Hobart will be tough. Portage will likely be much improved as well. 7-2 or even 6-3 and playing Merrillville tough in the sectional would be a very nice season for the Govs compared to the past few years.

2. Chesterton has never been great and I think their admin understands that. Peterson is a good coach just tough to win in the DAC with lesser athletic talent. His retirement has come up numerous times over the last few years, whether it’s just talk or not I’m unsure.

3. Think Kilmer is fine. People wanted his head the first few years after Kennedy too.

4. It’s gonna take a lot more than just one bad season for Andrean to can Skinner. He’s likely got the job for life if he wants it, barring a sustained period of disaster seasons.

5. They’d be foolish to dump a young coach after 2 years. Remember that before Goode, Calumet was a joke. If they’ve got a big head just because of a couple good seasons I’m not sure what to tell them.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

I think his name was G_O_O_D.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

WAWG09 wrote:

I dont think any of these coaches are on the hot seat. Mac had a winning record last year and getting great exposure for kids. Clearly Chesterton doesnt care about winning so why would they fire Peterson. Kilmer has helped sustain Lowell's football program and yes last couple years have been down but it happens because High School Football goes through cycles. Skinner just took Andrean to back to back state championships, 1 bad year wont tarnish his legacy, people said the same thing when Phil lost to Wheeler in 2011. Bad Take naming Salary after 1 year, give him a chance to do something.

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

WAWG09 wrote:

Morton wont go 8-1. Kinsey as acting head coach and AD couldn't fill the Bowman game. They didn't play last year and they wont play them this year. You can not be a serious program and have D1 kids and schedule Bowman 2 years in a row.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Former Region Guy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:56 pm
WAWG09 wrote:

Morton wont go 8-1. Kinsey as acting head coach and AD couldn't fill the Bowman game. They didn't play last year and they wont play them this year. You can not be a serious program and have D1 kids and schedule Bowman 2 years in a row.

No one takes Morton as a threat. Which is why no one wants to play them around here. I’m not even sure Morton could beat Griffith right now

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

I wonder who else will join the list?

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

Roy Richards

He is promoting football players to only play football. The track team was at 40% of their normal numbers. If he doesn't win this year, which he wont, out the door he goes.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:25 pm
Former Region Guy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:56 pm
WAWG09 wrote:

No one takes Morton as a threat. Which is why no one wants to play them around here. I’m not even sure Morton could beat Griffith right now
Shut up Parkhurst. No one likes you, your takes are garbage, and Morton would beat Griffith by 50. Phil Mason would probably tell you that himself if he ever felt you were worth his time to talk to (you're not by the way).

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Former Region Guy wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:41 pm
Roy Richards

He is promoting football players to only play football. The track team was at 40% of their normal numbers. If he doesn't win this year, which he wont, out the door he goes.
As a former multi-sport athlete that played for Roy Richards, I'm willing to bet good money this is undeniably false (the accusation is what I am calling false, not the track and field numbers or lack thereof).