Crown Point Hires Craig Buzea

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nathan_Laird

Crown Point Hires Craig Buzea

Post by Nathan_Laird »

Crown Point has hired Craig Buzea as the school's new football coach. See the press release from the school below:

Board members of the Crown Point Community School Corporation officially confirmed at Monday night’s meeting that Craig Buzea will be Crown Point High School’s new varsity football coach. Buzea joins Crown Point after coaching ten seasons at Homewood-Flossmoor with a record of 94-24 and 10 consecutive playoff appearances. He also previously coached at Portage High School and Michigan City High School.

Crown Point High School athletic director Bill Dorulla said Buzea’s hiring marks an important opportunity. “Coach Buzea’s reputation as a football coach in Indiana and Illinois is exemplary. He builds championship teams wherever he coaches. In addition, he serves as an ambassador for his student-athletes. We are excited for our football program and community.”

Buzea said he accepts the position with great excitement. “My family and I look forward to becoming a part of the outstanding Crown Point community while building a championship caliber football program; one which all Bulldog fans will be very proud of and will embrace. I can't wait to start working with our student-athletes and begin preparing to "unleash" the Bulldogs for the 2021 season.”
There's nothing else going....so why not bring this back?

BallinFreak

Re: Crown Point Hires Craig Buzea

Post by BallinFreak »

Home run hire.

Now that is what a school that size should do.

LC should be taking notes.

28tossright

Post by 28tossright »

BallinFreak wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 pm
Home run hire.

Now that is what a school that size should do.

LC should be taking notes.
I think at this point CP is an easier sell than LC. Don't think Buzz had any interest in trying to rebuild a program like the situation at LC. CP is not broken, just needs someone to come in and get the offense going. CP has had strong defenses almost every year, but that offense has not been at the level it needs to be to be a consistent threat for a shot at a DAC title.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

oh I get that. I am just saying that is the type of hire a DAC school makes.

bobref

Post by bobref »

“I think at this point CP is an easier sell than LC. Don't think Buzz had any interest in trying to rebuild a program like the situation at LC. CP is not broken, just needs someone to come in and get the offense going. CP has had strong defenses almost every year, but that offense has not been at the level it needs to be to be a consistent threat for a shot at a DAC title.”

I think this hire says CP has their sights set considerably higher than contending for a conference championship.

oldunclemark

Post by oldunclemark »

wow....'unleash'!!

oldunclemark

Post by oldunclemark »

To all;

Coach said that CP may have 3,500 students in a few years.
Really? They dont have room for 3,500 kids.
A lot of you drive through Crown Point and I know you see houses being constructed to the west and to the south (and maybe other places)

But CP has 2,861 students according to the IHSAA 2020 directory.
Has anyone else head that CP's enrollment will go up 20% the then next decade?

28tossright

Post by 28tossright »

oldunclemark wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:41 pm
To all;

Coach said that CP may have 3,500 students in a few years.
Really? They dont have room for 3,500 kids.
A lot of you drive through Crown Point and I know you see houses being constructed to the west and to the south (and maybe other places)

But CP has 2,861 students according to the IHSAA 2020 directory.
Has anyone else head that CP's enrollment will go up 20% the then next decade?
CP updating a few elementary schools, building a new Taft middle school, and adding on to the high school (maybe a new Buzz wing?). Not sure the timeline of everything but with the addition it may house up to 3500 students.

28tossright

Post by 28tossright »

bobref wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:27 pm
“I think at this point CP is an easier sell than LC. Don't think Buzz had any interest in trying to rebuild a program like the situation at LC. CP is not broken, just needs someone to come in and get the offense going. CP has had strong defenses almost every year, but that offense has not been at the level it needs to be to be a consistent threat for a shot at a DAC title.”

I think this hire says CP has their sights set considerably higher than contending for a conference championship.
Absolutely, but it would be nice to see the Dogs win a DAC title, when's the last time that's happened? Win the DAC and you're primed to win the Sectional and be a player for a long tourney run. Again, he's not starting from scratch so to speak. This is a program that has numbers, has had some success, has been competitive. But it hasn't been enough, we'll see if he can take them to the next level.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

28tossright wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:08 pm
bobref wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Absolutely, but it would be nice to see the Dogs win a DAC title, when's the last time that's happened? Win the DAC and you're primed to win the Sectional and be a player for a long tourney run. Again, he's not starting from scratch so to speak. This is a program that has numbers, has had some success, has been competitive. But it hasn't been enough, we'll see if he can take them to the next level.
I think we are going to see big things down the road.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393